Type 2 Injecting Insulin

fantastic9888

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I inject twice daily. Humalog mix 25/75. I feel ok during the day but come evening, my levels can be good (5.7) yesterday evening. But at that level, I wouldn't inject. So I eat, walk and inject when I return from walk. I know I should inject before evening meal but am afraid I will bring on a hypo.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @fantastic9888 You have created 2 similar posts, would you like me to merge these ?

I have posted on your other thread to suggest that as per the manufacturers guidelines, it should be injected 15 minutes prior to eating a meal to avoid going low: https://www.humalog.com/75-25-and-other-mixes/

Also to note that as it's a mix of both short acting insulin and long acting insulin then by not taking it you run the risk of going high later on.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@fantastic9888 - Your account states you are Type 1, but your two recent posts relate to Type, taking insulin?

Could you please clarify which type you are, and if not Type 1, could you please update your account settings? You need to do that via your browser, as the app doesn't support those changes.

Many thanks.