Type 2, looking at advice

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HurricaneHippo is SO right! I am the very last person who thought would adapt to a very low carbs diet as my life was stuffed with sweet things, chocolate bars, ice-cream, cakes every day almost too! Believe me I truly don't miss any of it. I changed my diet all at one go ... no mucking around ... and within this last eight weeks have just TODAY been declared diabetes free. Yes of course it's still there, lurking, but cannot get to me if I remain far away from the old-style diet and to be honest that doesn't even tempt me any longer. Just dive in! :)

Oh you champ!! You did it, I did wonder if you had got the results back yet! Amazing, very well done to you!

and yeah 100% agree, that it’s easier to cut it all out than try and do it gradually. Unless of course there’s health reasons why some might do it gradually but I didn’t think that was an issue to consider for type 2’s

Reactions: Dandelade

Dandelade

HurricaneHippo is SO right! I am the very last person who thought would adapt to a very low carbs diet as my life was stuffed with sweet things, chocolate bars, ice-cream, cakes every day almost too! Believe me I truly don't miss any of it. I changed my diet all at one go ... no mucking around ... and within this last eight weeks have just TODAY been declared diabetes free. Yes of course it's still there, lurking, but cannot get to me if I remain far away from the old-style diet and to be honest that doesn't even tempt me any longer. Just dive in! :)
Congratulations Coby! Great news

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Congratulations Coby! Great news
Thank you Dandelade. It's only just sinking in and I am thrilled at how attainable it was thanks to low carbs with some intermittent fasts thrown in. It's a wonderful yet unrealistic feeling right now xx

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh you champ!! You did it, I did wonder if you had got the results back yet! Amazing, very well done to you!

and yeah 100% agree, that it’s easier to cut it all out than try and do it gradually. Unless of course there’s health reasons why some might do it gradually but I didn’t think that was an issue to consider for type 2’s
Thank you so much ... I'm buzzing right now, and yet still feel protective of my new way of eating if that makes sense!

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Well done that’s what I done cut the lot out and went low carb I went from 54mm to 36mm in 3 months and I am diabetes free now and so happy I will never go back to my old ways I’ve lost 3 stone one more to go like you say stick to the diet and it won’t come back xx does it only come back if you gain the weight? I’ve never had much information about reversal

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done that’s what I done cut the lot out and went low carb I went from 54mm to 36mm in 3 months and I am diabetes free now and so happy I will never go back to my old ways I’ve lost 3 stone one more to go like you say stick to the diet and it won’t come back xx does it only come back if you gain the weight? I’ve never had much information about reversal
Wow you did great Jayne! I think it's more about keeping away from all the carbs that keeps us symptom free rather than the weight? Maybe someone else on here can elaborate further???

Reactions: Jayne1983

ryouga

Hiii, had a rough few days, I feel less bloated and zero aches in body (which is good) but been dizzy a lot.

I admit I haven't changed too much of my old diet yet as it was hard to do overnight (I.e I ate haggis, potatoes and veg as I talked about, and some pasta with bread another day) and have had small amounts of sweeties (yes I know should stop but was more finishing off some I had and haven't bought any new)

I haven't eaten subway since a week ago bar a chicken salad (an actual salad) but instinctively asked for sauce, and haven't had any sauce on any dishes I make at home.

The first few days I actually had less appetite and felt ok then since about Thursday became more and more dizzy, then again I have only been out the house twice since Wednesday as not been working and both times were late afternoon when it was already getting darker, I generally get to around this time each day and just crash and almost asleep on my feet then am basically in a fog for a few hours then can't move until about 2/3 in morning then drag myself to bed and sleep 12-15 hours I was last like this many years ago (though have had a few isolated incidents of a few days or a week at a time in past year or two)

I'm still trying to get my head around what to eat, I have so much pasta in the cupboard due to being given it last year as food parcels, and I love Asian ramen (went almost a year without it and bought about 10 packets a few days before being diagnosed!)

I basically feel a little hungover, is it the medication kicking in?