Type 2 new member..

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
Hello, this will depend on your carb tolerance but generally 60g of carb a day is considered low carb, whilst 20 gram a day is considered very low carb. I can't emphasise enough that it is what is right for you that counts, this is why so many of us go on so much about "eating to your meter". This is the only way to find out how much carb you can tolerate.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here’s a useful graphic showing definitions of different low carb levels:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-low-carb-is-low-carb
As @Metabolism_Boss says you need to test what you eat to find the level you as an individual needs to eat to achieve the blood sugar you need to stay healthy.
I started by eating less than 100g carbs/day to begin with and then after 6 weeks reduced it to 50-70g/day, nowadays I tend to keep under 60g. Caution needs to be taken on certain drugs going low carb but on just Metformin it’s ok

Edit to add, sorry just realised you are new to the forum so I’ll tag in @daisy1 for her useful welcome post.

Martin2018

Hello, this will depend on your carb tolerance but generally 60g of carb a day is considered low carb, whilst 20 gram a day is considered very low carb. I can't emphasise enough that it is what is right for you that counts, this is why so many of us go on so much about "eating to your meter". This is the only way to find out how much carb you can tolerate.
Thanks ..!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Martin2018 and welcome to the forum. Have a read round the threads and ask any questions you want. The people on here are friendly and you will get a lot of good advice and support on here.

Reactions: Martin2018