Type 2 Reversal

Blueshirtboy

Hi all. Been T2 for 5 years taking 4 X 500 Metformin. HbA1c 6 months ago was up to 60mmol/mol and eye screening showed early signs of retinopathy. Following a LCHF diet, intermittent fasting and walking a out 5 miles a day my HbA1c 3 months ago had reduced to 42mmol. As agreed with my nurse at the time we refrained from reducing the meds because I would probably have to reintroduce certain foods as I didn't think I could continue with such a strict diet. Despite this my weight has reduced by 20lbs. I've just had another check up and I'm told my HbA1c had dropped still further to 38. She had discussed with the doctor and I've been told I've reversed my diabetes and have been told to stop taking Metformin. Will retest in 6 months. I just hope I can keep it up.

Reactions: Listlad

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Been T2 for 5 years taking 4 X 500 Metformin. HbA1c 6 months ago was up to 60mmol/mol and eye screening showed early signs of retinopathy. Following a LCHF diet, intermittent fasting and walking a out 5 miles a day my HbA1c 3 months ago had reduced to 42mmol. As agreed with my nurse at the time we refrained from reducing the meds because I would probably have to reintroduce certain foods as I didn't think I could continue with such a strict diet. Despite this my weight has reduced by 20lbs. I've just had another check up and I'm told my HbA1c had dropped still further to 38. She had discussed with the doctor and I've been told I've reversed my diabetes and have been told to stop taking Metformin. Will retest in 6 months. I just hope I can keep it up.

Well done you!
Great results I reckon regaining your health should help with the motivation..

Reactions: ziggy_w

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What brilliant results. Well done you. Keep doing what you're doing. It's working really well for you.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Caprock94

Well done! I know the LCHF diet has worked very well for many here, including me. I also wonder if we don't reach a certain threshold with our weight to where things normalize.

Reactions: Blueshirtboy

Reemap

Wow .. great journey ..