Type 2 urinating a lot and flaky skin

RonLB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya everyone
I was diagnosed last summer. I control with diet despite having a first blood level of 63.
But I'm peeing alot especially in the mornings upto 5 times! and i have flaky skin which can be snow storm! Especially when wearing black at work!
Any thoughts or concerns?
I will raise it with the Nurse when next i see her.

Reactions: kitedoc
D

Deleted Account

There are many reason for frequent peeing.
One of these is high bg as our kidneys try to get rid of the excess sugar.
If you have a meter, I would recommend testing your bg when you need to pee to check for any correlation.
And talk to your health care team.

Reactions: kitedoc

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya everyone
I was diagnosed last summer. I control with diet despite having a first blood level of 63.
But I'm peeing alot especially in the mornings upto 5 times! and i have flaky skin which can be snow storm! Especially when wearing black at work!

Ron, are you self-testing at home?

RonLB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi My first two tests before christmas where 63 and 44 i've not heard from the result of 2nd January So possibly a connection there. I'm working on changing to a low carb/sugar diet. But have had issues with the sugar withdrawal! It's hard!
Thank you for replys so far It's a start on a long journey me thinks!

M

Member496333

Hi Ron, on the face of it, it certainly seems like you may perhaps not have great control of your diabetes at this moment in time.

I second the advice of @bulkbiker and recommend self-monitoring with a glucose meter. This will empower you to learn more about your condition in between HbA1c tests. I will continue using mine at least weekly for the rest of my life, as I find it helps keep me on the right path and reminds me that too many slip-ups may one day put me back where I started.

The great news is that no matter the underlying cause of your current concern, you are in the right place to learn everything you need to know about how to overcome it :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not all problems are diabetes related, you might want to look up the symptoms of enlarged prostate.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It sounds like you need to book an appt with your nurse, to review your results and talk about your current symptoms.

Edited to remove info about Gliclazide as not relevant.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya everyone
May I ask, flaky skin - where?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ron,
Welcome to the forum.

Nobody can really diagnose you on this forum. Symptoms tend to be anecdotal. One can't guarantee a direct correlation.
Get thee to a doctor & raise the issue regarding your own peace of mind...

However, I would recommend obtaining your own BG meter. You can't go wrong gauging how diet affects blood levels.

Good luck!