Type 2 weight worry

Robkww

When controlling calorie and carbohydrate intake with 1000 mg metformin a day I was losing 1-2 lbs per week but expect this was down to the dietary control which would perhaps have been helped by the metformin. Are you controlling calories and carbs at a relatively lower level than normal?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

A 1-2 pounds weight loss per week is a healthy loss, so you appear to be doing fine. :) Do you have much weight to lose?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes but how much do you need to loose... that is also important to know at what level the weight loss should be breaked... so you also need to know how to twist your diet to stop weight loss eventually.

nut usually seems to be a good way to stop weightloss, lots of people in her have said that and also maybe eating 1-2 eggs more in a day... but as long as you have weight to loose then don´t worry much unless you do feel ill in any way..

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Metformin doesn't have that much effect for anyone but helps. If you are losing excess weight then fine. If you are losing weight unexpectedly and now quite slim then suspect being late onset T1 (LADA) and not T2. Come back with more info and we can suggest next steps.

Angel_wings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When controlling calorie and carbohydrate intake with 1000 mg metformin a day I was losing 1-2 lbs per week but expect this was down to the dietary control which would perhaps have been helped by the metformin. Are you controlling calories and carbs at a relatively lower level than normal?

Angel_wings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry did not get back to you earlier as for diet control am following a high carb diet but have cut down on portions