1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 With Insulin

Discussion in 'Ketogenic diet forum' started by MARGAR, Jun 14, 2018.

1. MARGAR

MARGAR Type 2 · Well-Known Member

For approx 6 months I've been seriously eating the Keto way. I have been happy with the results, until the last couple of morning's b.g. Readings. I reduced insulin very gradually approx every 5 days because b.g. Readings were very good., 1 week ago I stopped insulin completely, readings were still good, until yesterday morning I woke up to a 9.2bg, 2 hours later after no breakfast, but 2 cups of tea + meds it was 9.5. This morning it is 9.1 and that is 12 hours after fasting. I was hoping not to have to inject again. My HBA1C last week was 47 & kidney function good. My usual breakfast is 2 scrambled eggs with cream & a knob of butter, sometimes with bacon. I don't have lunch because I'm not hungry Eve meal is usually, tinned fish/small amount of meat with salad + Mayo ... I might have triangle of cheese during eve or a few olives. I have been known to have 1 sq of Aldi very dark chocolate, maybe once a week.

I'd be very interested in any comments and advice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jenny15

Jenny15 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Is it possible you could have an infection somewhere that is not yet symptomatic? I don't know how long you were on insulin but I imagine you found there were ups and downs due to infection, stress, or sometimes random things.

3. MARGAR

MARGAR Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had been injecting for roughly 20 years. I have no symptoms of any infections or stress, in fact I feel really good. Thanks for your reply, it was much appreciated.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook