Type 2

RobR1

My Diabetes is going up, and I don’t know the Reason why, I am on 4 metformin tablets per day,
Maybe it’s time to go on insulin, how high dose your Readings need to be, before they put you on insulin,

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My Diabetes is going up, and I don’t know the Reason why, I am on 4 metformin tablets per day,
Maybe it’s time to go on insulin, how high dose your Readings need to be, before they put you on insulin,
Hi @RobR1 , welcome to the forum!

Usually insulin isn't the first step after metformin, there are lots of other drugs which can be tried first.

Have you changed your diet to try and get your numbers a bit lower by yourself? Would you like to try this?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
T2 is a progressive condition if all you do is throw medication at it, really... There's lots more than just metformin and insulin, but if you see a way to change your diet, you could stop the progression in its tracks, and likely go back to lower, more non-diabetic numbers. We don't handle carbs well, so... Cut the carbs, lower the blood sugars. (It really is that simple.)

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might be of some help. In any case, rest assured, insulin isn't the next stop.

Reactions: cynetique and coby