Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meter reading this morning................................5.5
Breakfast = 2 slices of toast with marg and jam followed by a 2 1/2 mile walk
meter reading 2 hrs on........................................5.2
Dinner = 2 x quarter pounder burgers, 3 x large bratwurst sausages, portion of shredded lettuce and a dollop of greek yoghurt followed by 1/2 hour on treadmill and a walk to town and back (3 miles)
meter reading 2hrs on..........................................5.4
Tea will be pasta with cheese sauce and bacon sprinkled on top.

TC101

Bran flakes with blueberries and semi-skimmed milk for brekkie, 4 wholegrain ryvitas with mashed avocado, tomatoes and mixed seeds for lunch with a small yogurt, some almonds and cashews and 4 dates for a snack, dinner was courgette spaghetti with tomatoes, mozarella and a sprinkling of parmesean cheese. Greek yogurt with a splash of honey for pud! 45 mins cardio at the gym and a 30 min swim this morning and up and down 3 flights of stairs at work more times than I care to count today!! :)

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Homemade porridge mix with soya milk and a good dollop of cashew butter (added coconut flour to this batch and it helps thicken it using less oats)
Dinner: Celery sticks and smoked cheddar; grapes with Lancashire
Tea: Large lightly battered cod, mushy peas and a half portion of chips

Snacks: sugar free caramels, thin cripsy cinnamon biscuit .... don't remember eating anything else today.....

Edit: just had sugar free jelly and squirty cream and another biscuit

Last edited:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast hot oat cereal with added oatbran and flax seed made with water and ff milk mixed. Lunch cheese salad followed by ff Greek yoghurt and blueberries. Tea - meatballs in homemade sauce, small amt of mashed potato and 1 slice garlic bread. For snacks I had a chocolate covered rice cake and some blueberries.

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Homemade porridge mix with soya milk and a good dollop of cashew butter (added coconut flour to this batch and it helps thicken it using less oats)
Dinner: not decided yet but probably a frittata or the same as yesterday
Tea: Got a chicken casserole cooking (chicken thighs, leek, mushrooms, turnip (swede) veg stock cube and black pepper). Leeks and mushrooms sweated in butter first and removed skin from chicken ... nice crispy but not soggy in a casserole :D

Also making a trifle.. best see if custard has cooled enough. It's a packet mix and actually has more sweetener in it that sugar... alas its sucralose and I can taste it but once the topping is on....maybe I won't

Reactions: 2 people

sixtyseven

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
being ill and dependent on others
4 x Wholemeal Ryvita with Cathedral Mature Cheese Spread and a cup of Tea with only one hermesatas sweetener.

2 x hard boiled eggs, 2 Rich Tea biscuits and a cup of tea.

Salmon, Brocolli, Cauliflower and wholemeal rice, washed down with a cup of tea is planned for tonight

Going to try some Special K and strawberries for supper (feeling hungry writing this!)

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Breakfast: bacon, mushrooms, avocado
Lunch: wicked Thai chicken soup, raw veg and hummus
Supper: Aubergine and Italian sausage stew, spinach,yellow pepper and courgette

Today
Breakfast: ham with cream cheese, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, crisp bread

K

Kat100

Alpen homemade with almond milk unsweetened ....

Lunch .. My soup lentil tomato red pepper ... Bread roll the French one very nice and light ...

Tonight ... Veggie chilli with either a small portion of rice or a portion of sweet potato chips homemade in olive oil ..

Later tonight ... Berries with ice cream and chocolate ... A couple of squares ...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The thread is for type 2's to post and say what they have eaten today........... as per the thread title, if members want to start a thread off about exercise and such then they are free to do so.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Homemade Alpen ....with almond milk unsweetened

Lentil tomato and red pepper soup ... One bread roll

One small kitkat

Tonight will be
Cauliflower cheese , roast carrots and green beans ...
Please can you tell me what is homemade Alpen?

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Please can you tell me what is homemade Alpen?
Hi I use oats , coconut , flaxseed , pumpkin seeds ... Layer then up .. Add my almond milk .. Warm up for one min in the microwave ...
I just call,it my homemade ..just me mixing my ingredients together ...
It's rare for me to add nuts ...

I like it better than the bought one ... But I do keep,the no added sugar one in as a stand by ..

I like to add a few blueberries as well :)

K

Kat100

Hi @Pipp at the moment I am going with just my hba1c levels ... That is just for now ... I vary between 39 and 41 or 42 ... My numbers hba1c vary a bit .. They were 118 two years ago .. I have them done every 12 weeks ... And I am happy with them .
But I have been told to check with GP ... Re changes etc .. As I have family members with type 1 on one family side ...
So at the moment I am doing what I am doing ... Thanks for asking ... best wishes Kat
And @Pipp my diet changes ... Yes I am using the type 2 thread but I have and do what I call a medium to low carb diet .. I just tweek it myself as required ... Things change ..eating wise