Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.8 this morning had my highest daytime reading yesterday for over 12 months 11.9 after dinner stayed high for well over 4 hours so in 24 hours have gone from 4.7 to 11.9 and back down to 4.8 making my head spin.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
4.8 this morning had my highest daytime reading yesterday for over 12 months 11.9 after dinner stayed high for well over 4 hours so in 24 hours have gone from 4.7 to 11.9 and back down to 4.8 making my head spin.
Might want to get other opinions but might be slow digestion?

Reactions: JohnEGreen
A

asparagusp

Tell me about it! (My reading jumped up today, despite no infection and eating a couple of seeded oatcakes with goats cheese, and some homemade coleslaw (vinaigrette dressing, nothing out of the norm. I always dread taking readings.)

Last edited by a moderator:

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
8.9 fasting :-(

Had a 3 egg veggie (onion, spinach, mushroom) omelette at 1630 yesterday (bg was 6.6 before and 7.1 at 1730). But by 1945 I was hungry (and 7.9) so had an apple, chunk of cheese, handful walnuts and one square dark choc.

On metformin SR and just started Lyxumia 5 weeks ago.

Horrific headache all day yesterday, but feel better today. Bit headachey but going to have some paracetamol and get on with my day.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning.

Think I may have finally ditched the chest infection/cough I've (and many others) had for about 5 weeks.

I didn't bother taking too many readings during this time, but they varied between 5.7 and 4.8 when I did depending on how much I was coughing on that particular day.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.0 this morning.

Think I may have finally ditched the chest infection/cough I've (and many others) had for about 5 weeks.

I didn't bother taking too many readings during this time, but they varied between 5.7 and 4.8 when I did depending on how much I was coughing on that particular day.
Lovely to see you back!
I know this winter has been a killer. I rearly suffer but boy this winter has been frightening.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
22/2 - Morning.

7.7 - :arghh:

(But, removed Butec Transdermal Patch 3 days ago, been taking 'other' pain relief! Before bed last night my Blood sugar was 6.2)

A

asparagusp

22/2 - Morning.

7.7 - :arghh:

(But, removed Butec Transdermal Patch 3 days ago, been taking 'other' pain relief! Before bed last night my Blood sugar was 6.2)
It's the unpredictability that gets me Liam. I envy those whose readings are on an even keel, high or low, easier to control.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Did you? I don't find my BG levels easy to control or easier, I use lchf and exercise ,no meds and it's Blooming hard. However to keep on topic:-
Today fbg 5.3 because ofonly having one 40min walk instead of two walks the previous day

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim55

chja1963

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
beetroot, tomato ketchup, balloons, rap
18.3 mine, and that's lower that it has been, does anyone else have far higher levels in the norning than they do durig the rest of the day?