Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Don't get disheartened hun. It's gonna happen, no matter how tight you try & control your BG. Even Diabetics who've had the disease for a long time will tell you they have days when their BG just won't do what they want it to do. Nature of the beast. Chin up. X
Just read your post, thank you for your encouragement - and the kiss! My BG settled to 5.3 after a nice walk in the sunshine.

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
FBG 6.3 not bad considering I got no sleep last night.

Sorry to hear you're having a bit of a rough time @4ratbags. A couple of your recent posts have mentioned your life can be stressful. :( It certainly does crazy things to my BG. Yours too by the sound of it. Wishing you all the very best hun. X

Reactions: 7 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
I don't believe it - I forgot to post this morning ! I had a fasting reading of 5.8 after a bedtime reading of 5.8 last night

Reactions: 14 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
OMG - I forgot to post as well lol. It was 7.9 mmol/l this morning, so it's stabilizing, :)

Reactions: 13 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
6.8 for the life of me I don't know where this one came from

Reactions: 12 people

clinton137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 5.8 this morning. Managed between 5.8 and 6.1 all day yesterday. Well pleased.

janalud

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm new and I'm going to ask a silly question the numbers your posting what are they ?

Sent from my KFSAWI using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Good morning folks. Fasting blood glucose is 4.6 today. Coming down with a summer cold though. Got the Olbas Oil & Vicks out. That should help. Have a lovely Tuesday everyone. X

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people

clinton137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm new and I'm going to ask a silly question the numbers your posting what are they ?

Sent from my KFSAWI using DCUK Forum mobile app
No such thing as a silly question. The numbers are the blood glucose readings taken very first thing in the morning. Before anything to eat or moving around.

Reactions: 9 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Poor you AJ...sniffles, aww, get better soon. Well 8.0 on the button for me, trending down and my infection is getting under control now with the antibiotics. :)

Reactions: 8 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!

Constant rain all weekend is not conducive to good numbers,

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Poor you AJ...sniffles, aww, get better soon. Well 8.0 on the button for me, trending down and my infection is getting under control now with the antibiotics. :)

Thank you Eddie. I'm pleased to say that, so far, my cold isn't affecting my BG levels. Well, not this mornings one anyway, which was 4.6 fasting. Got a humongous appetite though. Could eat a scabby horse between 2 slices of bread. Glad your infection is clearing up & your numbers are coming down. This Diabetes business ain't half a pain in the butt sometimes! Have a good one hun. X

Thank you too Loulou. X

Reactions: 12 people