Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
7 this morning 6.4 before bed..and in the 5s in the day is this ok? My morning readings are always the highest
Those readings are good. Your higher morning reading is probably due to the Dawn Phenomenon where your liver dumps glucose into your blood when you wake to give you a boost for the day.

I think I got the DP again today. My reading at 0640 was 6.2. I had a coffee with cream at 0650, and my reading at 0900 had come down to 5.7.

Reactions: 16 people

Shirleygay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As requested in another thread....
My fasting level today 8.3.:( ****. Over to other T2s now....
8.2 I'm having trouble getting my numbers down, so nurse suggested I write everything down I eat or drink which has started to work as last week numbers were above 11. I'm to test before and after meals. And try to get a daily walk, I have back problems and have morphine patches and paracetamol and another nerve pain killer, also on thyroxin for under active. Also B/P medication. I feel I'm losing the battle

Reactions: 14 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I have 3 morning checks...
1.45am after we came home from an Orkney wedding ceilidh dance 8.2 (had a bacon roll at the 2nd tea at 10.30pm, minus the roll! Had the tiniest taste of the wedding cake and none of the chocolate brownies, shortbread and other fancies)

3.30am When I got up to go to the loo - had LOADS of water throughout the evening, no alcohol 7.5
9am when my daughter woke us with a phone call 8.2

So take your pick!

Reactions: 19 people

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.6 this morning - amazing difference it has made changing my 24 hourly insulin to an evening injection. Haven't gone completely low carb but have cut out bread, potato and rice etc. But did have a bit of sugar sweetened stewed vanilla plums and ice cream last night and have still come in within target. First time I have ever been within target range was four days ago, when I changed over and it is maintaining. Yippee.

Reactions: 20 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
6.1 today. Not bad considering I was at a party last night and decided (after plenty of wine) that I would walk the 4 miles home with a kebab instead of getting a taxi. So at 2am this morning I was exercising and eating, not fasting!

Reactions: 24 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, 5.8 yesterday morning. 5.4 after dinner last night, and 5 this Sunday morning before breakfast. :happy::happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: 19 people

Dave from Weeton

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, 5.8 on this nice sunny day. Things on site seem much more relaxed and friendly again, just as it should be as we are ALL in it together :joyful:

Reactions: 18 people

Alan_in_Suffolk_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon everyone ;)
BG 9.9 this morning @ 6am " I think this was due to a really busy day yesterday " :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 25 people