Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 after a fast day yesterday. Quite pleased with that as I've been naughty recently...

Reactions: 12 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
11.0 this morning
Coming down with something - sore throat, aching limbs and coughing all night.
Disheartened that it is higher today as I have not been off the wagon at all this week.
Guess I blame the virus!

Reactions: 6 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
5.3 Today - It is hard to put into words but I am so delighted to have managed to get my levels down into the 5's - it is only by taking on board advice on this site - so I feel we should all feel really good about my achievement - thank you and I will be doing everything to keep my levels stable.

Reactions: 6 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Guess this therapeutic lying in the sun with occasional gentle swims and plenty beer and wine is working, because this mornings fbg of 4.7 is one of the lowest figures I have seen.

IIRC the same thing happened last year too but I don't think it would work as a long term strategy, sadly :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7 if it drops below 3.2 will break my fast and eat a little! Ooooh my head! Must be wanting my snack i forgot to eat last night!

Does any one else eat nori or dulse? Mmmm carb free and yummy.

Reactions: 5 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning and feeling extremely exhausted :( day 4 of VCLD and lots of walking
That is sooo good well done! You can see the improvement in your bgl... i found that roasted nori sheets are a good snack and taste good, filling, and full of vitamins and zero carbs... i also eat dulse (from ireland) that will be an energy boost!

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all

Guess this therapeutic lying in the sun with occasional gentle swims and plenty beer and wine is working, because this mornings fbg of 4 7 is one of the lowest figures I have seen.

IIRC the same thing happened last year too but I don't think it would work as a long term strategy, sadly :confused:
Less stress Tim seems to be the key. Well done on a fantastic fbg. :)

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
3.7 if it drops below 3.2 will break my fast and eat a little! Ooooh my head! Must be wanting my snack i forgot to eat last night!

Does any one else eat nori or dulse? Mmmm carb free and yummy.
A protein nibble may keep you out of trouble and keep your lchf on track.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Serena51 it may be carb flu. Stick with low carb for a few more weeks and you may see great improvement in your bgs for longer.
After that you can adapt to your needs.
Goodluck!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, 6.7 today. I'm chuffed with all these sub 7s!

Reactions: 12 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
29/7/16 - Morning.

5.8 - :)

D

debrasue

I do the same. Also my full limit has come right down on lchf. I cannot tolerate more than 2 mouthfuls of carbs.
Reducing insulin very very slowly but I want to be off insulin for xmas. Wish me luck?
Good luck, Vicky, but I don't think you'll need it. With your in-depth understanding of diabetes and how it works for you, along with your amazing determination and commitment, I'm very sure you'll make it! Hugs x