Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, another 6.9 this morning

Reactions: 11 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 at 5:05 :)

Sleep quality was rather poor because throat tickles and cough a little, so I am surprised it is still on reasonable rate. Weather has changed dramatically here from hot to ️ and to ️. I might catch the cold, but I hope not.

Anyone reading this, please share me good home cold cough remedy. I'd be grateful xx

Suksma ( thank you)
Hi. There are loads of natural cold remedies... most of them with ongredients we cant have like honey and lemon.... however try mint tea take your vitamins to give your body a boost and loads of rest.

I was really ill last night! Not a cold though felt really sick and dizzy, room was spinning even when laying down and still felt like i was falling, was worried it was a hypo at 4am so tested (only 4.4) and had some 85% chocolate (14g sugar to 100g but didnt eat that much) still feeling wierd this morning but was only 5.6... couldnt eat from 2pm the day before though!

Today will drink fenugreek tea to take the stomach cramps and possibly white willow bark tea to take the head ache as the asprin yesterday didnt work! Hope no one catches it from reading my post!:depressed:

Reactions: 8 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.0 ... what on earth did you eat? My highest since testing is proper cake which sends me to 10.0
Every one has different tolerance level! I could eat a banana and probably go close to the 20s!!! As it is everyone is unique and reacts differently to different foods, most people can have sweet potato... but it puts me up into the teens (has more carbs than potatos however for most has a slower release (not for me though)), most people can tolerate strawberries but i cant. I am glad you can eat some carbs but that is why everyone tests their bgl as there is no one size fits all (if there was we would just test one person and save my finger tips from looking like they had acne!)

Reactions: 3 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
Hi. There are loads of natural cold remedies... most of them with ongredients we cant have like honey and lemon.... however try mint tea take your vitamins to give your body a boost and loads of rest.

I was really ill last night! Not a cold though felt really sick and dizzy, room was spinning even when laying down and still felt like i was falling, was worried it was a hypo at 4am so tested (only 4.4) and had some 85% chocolate (14g sugar to 100g but didnt eat that much) still feeling wierd this morning but was only 5.6... couldnt eat from 2pm the day before though!

Today will drink fenugreek tea to take the stomach cramps and possibly white willow bark tea to take the head ache as the asprin yesterday didnt work! Hope no one catches it from reading my post!:depressed:

Oh even lemon we're not allowed :( didn't cross my mind.
What about lime? Same thing? They're the citrus family aren't they? Oh, I love lime or lemon in my soda water!

I hope you get well soon..
Feeling ill sucks big time :(

Can you easily find turmeric where you live?
It eases stomach cramp for me all the time..
Lovely!

Big bear hugs to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
4.7 this morning (after showing a scarcely believable 4.4 15 minutes earlier)

That's what a Med diet with no bread temptations can do. (Gallons of Wine of course )
I wish alcohol helped me. I could do with the lower bg and it's other benefits. Ha ha

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh even lemon we're not allowed :( didn't cross my mind.
What about lime? Same thing? They're the citrus family aren't they? Oh, I love lime or lemon in my soda water!
I think it was the honey that should be avoided. Lemon and limes are ok as far as I know. I like lime soda too. I put sweetener in it now instead of sugar.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another run in the 5s for me was 5.1. I use to be consistently in the 4s fasting but can't complain 5s are amazing and I know there are some people who would love to have numbers in the 5s xx

Yeah me! I'm jealous! I got a rubbish 6.3 today and that's after three 24hr fasts consecutively

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it was the honey that should be avoided. Lemon and limes are ok as far as I know. I like lime soda too. I put sweetener in it now instead of sugar.
Lemons put me up! Argh is it just me! Seems like every one can eat what destroys me!!! I used to drink lemon juice for sickness (acid kills bugs apparently) but it raised my bgl badly and that was without sugar.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
6.3 this morning - hardly surprising Birthday Party Saturday and a Birthday lunch on Sunday - food choices were not ideal on either day - hoping to get back on track again today and see an improvement as the week goes on. Having said that I am still happy with the reading.

Reactions: 9 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Lemon does a slight BG raise for me. It is actually not too significant. But trained to understand what cause what, the other day I was puzzled. I didn't realized that it was the lemon that gave me the raise in my innocent soda water. I had one big lemon squeezed out for juice for few cans of soda to enjoy during dinner :)

Not gonna give up on lemon and her sister lime, either.
Never had oranges anymore tho, never really been a big fan of them anyways.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Aini x

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No Oppo and 6.3 ;) off to swim, last week of working before 3 long weeks in France :):) how much cheese can one man consume?

How much cheese? Hmmm, I am having a huge cheese craving atm. Especially after watching Wallace & Gromit Moon Expedition A Grand Day Out! Ouch!
And my answer is as much cheese as one wants.
Maybe not!!! *going back to my cave drinking my water* :D

Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
12.0 ... what on earth did you eat? My highest since testing is proper cake which sends me to 10.0

Just a PainA Raisin.... I know.... Unbelievable. Back at 5.5 at 6pm tonight...phew:)

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
5.1 at lower lantus dose :)

happy with this. Tho happy-er if it can one day with this amount be on the 4s as well. But this is just day one of adjustment so i have no worries at all.

Sleep quality better.
Cough is almost gone.. Fingers crossed.

Love the 4s as it gives me great steady reading usually all day later with good diet of course.

Hows your BGL guys?

Stay healthy and happy

Reactions: 9 people