Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today, and I forgot to bring emergency lunch for the meeting today. Sandwiches are on the schedule :rolleyes:

Reactions: 28 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning - bit higher than usual but went out last night and had more bread and potatoes than I normally would

Reactions: 26 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 before bed, 5.8 this am. Had a lovely nectarine as well for brekkie with some beef as needed to have something quick due to going out, bs 100 minutes later 8.2!!!!! Guess I'll have to forgo those in future :(

Reactions: 26 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
28.3 mmol / L this morning! :banghead:

Worried about you @nomistheman. Hope you get your levels down asap hun. X

BG 5.3 this morning after a 3.8 before bed. All over the place right now. :meh:

image.gif

Reactions: 24 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Mine was 8.5 before Insulin, meds or breakfast.

Reactions: 24 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
3.8 is dangerously low before bed

Hi @Tom Green. If I was on Insulin or a Sulphonylurea, I wouldn't be happy with a BG below 4.0 at bedtime, & would eat accordingly. I am able to effectively manage my blood glucose & as such, know what my safe range is. I completely understand your comment though, as the majority of HCP's advocate a specific BG range. I am experienced enough to be able to operate outside of that range, & have the full support of my DNS. No need to be concerned. Best wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I have just checked mine before bed and it is 4.2. - So I am going to have a cheese + lettuce sandwich and go to bed (midnight).

Reactions: 21 people

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Tom Green. If I was on Insulin or a Sulphonylurea, I wouldn't be happy with a BG below 4.0 at bedtime, & would eat accordingly. I am able to effectively manage my blood glucose & as such, know what my safe range is. I completely understand your comment though, as the majority of HCP's advocate a specific BG range. I am experienced enough to be able to operate outside of that range, & have the full support of my DNS.

I agree, @Alisonjane10. I occasionally experience readings in the high 3's at bedtime and, since I take no extraneous insulin, they don't concern me at all.

This morning's fasting was 4.3, following a 4.4 bedtime reading.

Reactions: 22 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning folks. 4.2 fasting today.

image.gif

Reactions: 21 people