Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@12:12 my blood sugars were 12.6 ... I had lunch, several coffees throughout the day and dinner... moussaka and a piece of low carb cake..... now @ 21:20 I am having a blinking hypo!!!! 3.9 what is going on!
thats crazy... hope you are well now

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Normally around 25 a day! so not too many!

well thats crazy... worrying... maybe look on you total number of calories and get a little under what your daily needs are...

in old day calorie restriction was one of the tools too... but to some it is difficult... I use sugar free gum to stand the low calorie some times of the day... and tea of all kinds... and even apple cider vinegar like one spoon full in a big glas of water...

D

debrasue

Normally around 25 a day! so not too many!
25g of carbs a day is classed as very low, so I can't imagine this is to do with diet. There must be something else going on... Did they say anything about it while you were in the hospital? (Although I realise they were probably concentrating on other, potentially more serious, issues.)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
25g of carbs a day is classed as very low, so I can't imagine this is to do with diet. There must be something else going on... Did they say anything about it while you were in the hospital? (Although I realise they were probably concentrating on other, potentially more serious, issues.)
No,,, they were very blasé regarding my Diabetes.... missed two injections because they couldn't get the doc in the right place at the right time!