Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
4.3 :) from a very cold West London its -4 at 09:00 Brrrr

Reactions: 31 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.3 this morning - much better

Reactions: 29 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all BG this morning before breakfast 8.9 better than yesterday. Must have been the bran crunch and low fat yogurt with a few raspberries Delicious:):):):)

Reactions: 27 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning.

Mine was 5.7 today (9.10am):)

Reactions: 31 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning. Up and down like a yoyo. Went to bed with 5.5 after a bit of cheese. Have a good day all!

Reactions: 30 people

Smike247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 FBG this morning @ 6am :)
Very happy lowest for me so far. Have been low carb since begining of December.

Reactions: 29 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
An unexpected 5.5 this morning, not sure what's going on with that ...o_O Have recently started taking a diuretic for my blood pressure, wondering if that is causing the rise?

Hi @Alzebra. That's still a fantastic morning BG. But I know you're used to 4's these days. Unfortunately, diuretics can cause a rise in BG levels because they affect glucose metabolism, & can slow down the breakdown of glucose. Try not to stress about numbers in the 5's or 6's even. That's still cracking levels. Plus, your cardiac health has to take priority in this instance. You're doing so well, I've no doubt you'll take any challenge thrown at you like a champ. Take care hun.

Reactions: 13 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
(Wednesday) Hi folks. BG was 4.9 when I woke up for work at 5.30am. Hovered between 6.4 & 5.2 after meals. Had dinner at 6.30 & BG is now 5.2 at 9pm. Enjoying a nice cold glass of white wine now. Have a lovely evening folks.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 25 people

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning at 6.30am been 6 all day. Just got back from 60 mins aqua fit so will see what tomorrow mornings will be.

Reactions: 21 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's 10.25am here. My reading at 09.00 was 7.1.
I'm glad I'm missing the cold weather in London, I hope it will be a bit milder by the time I get back next week.

Reactions: 19 people