Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Aud3150

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I ment my sugars were high before I joined the forum.
I've been diabetic for decades but only these forums have helped me grasp the knowledge I need to assist my condition take a back seat whilst i get on living my life. Great forum this one especially as it takes the rough with the smooth. Like my fbgs.
No prob hun xx

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
3 /6/16 - Morning.

8.4 - (better than yesterday's)

Reactions: 13 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
12.6 this morning is that too high ?
@Aud3150 we all have different targets to which we try to keep steady. Doesnt always work but majority of the time works if we test every morning. Before we rise. I sometimes do mine in bed, if i remember.
There are a few techniques we can give you to reduce your bgs. My advice is one at a time.
First and best one is check out forums under low carb. A lot of people benefit from very few carbs in their diet. I did that for a good month before my fasting number court up. It's the last to come down, it seems.
You'll be surprised the difference on your meter numbers!

Reactions: 4 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Mine was 5.0 this morning.

Aud350 - I would say that 12.6 is rather high.

My DN told me "anything in single figures is good enough", but there is a lot of evidence that complications tend to start whenever it goes above 7.8.

However, if you have only recently tried LCHF be aware that changes take quite a while (months) and the important thing you want to see is a general, downward trend.

Reactions: 12 people

Aud3150

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Aud3150 we all have different targets to which we try to keep steady. Doesnt always work but majority of the time works if we test every morning. Before we rise. I sometimes do mine in bed, if i remember.
There are a few techniques we can give you to reduce your bgs. My advice is one at a time.
First and best one is check out forums under low carb. A lot of people benefit from very few carbs in their diet. I did that for a good month before my fasting number court up. It's the last to come down, it seems.
You'll be surprised the difference on your meter numbers!
Thanks for info hun I don't really know a lot about diabetes so I really appreciate it. I have only just started testing my sugars not sure what it all means, but any advice I can get I will take on board. Thanks x

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
3 /6/16 - Morning.

8.4 - (better than yesterday's)
I think you would benefit from r-ala suppliment too. It works on insulin. Your own and injected one, I believe.
I had dumplings and normally my high would have stayed up but came down on 55units. I would have had to take 80units without suppliment. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Aud3150

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All

Mine was 5.0 this morning.

Aud350 - I would say that 12.6 is rather high.

My DN told me "anything in single figures is good enough", but there is a lot of evidence that complications tend to start whenever it goes above 7.8.

However, if you have only recently tried LCHF be aware that changes take quite a while (months) and the important thing you want to see is a general, downward trend.
Thanks hun what is LCHF please x

Reactions: 6 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
6.6 this morning. AND THE DIABETIC NURSE SAID I'M LOOKING GREAT, LOVED MY BOOK WITH BLOOD READINGS, FOOD AND EXERCISE. AND SHE AGREED THAT TAKING READINGS IS A REALLY GOOD IDEA :):):):):):):):):):)

Reactions: 13 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Thanks hun what is LCHF please x
"Low Carb High Fat". As @13lizanne mentioned, there are other sites you can go to and other threads on these forums.
The moderators don't like this discussion thread to stray too far from our fasting readings, so if you are interested in LCHF then can I suggest that you look at http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/low-carb-diet-forum.18/, which is the dedicated part of this forum.

You are definitely in the right place to start learning more about your diabetes, so welcome!

Reactions: 9 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
4.6 @ 6.30 AM

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 14 people