Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness
ally1 that's awfully high

Reactions: 7 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers

7.3 fasting - whoooops.

Nothing to do with the aforementioned tea. That was on Friday. Amazingly my bloods were 4.8 2 hours after that blowout. Still to figure that one out.

Reactions: 14 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. 5.9 this morning after a 5.5 bedtime reading.

That's only my 4th under 6 fasting reading since I started testing on the 1st February. I experimented last night with a very small glass of red wine just before I went to bed and I will continue with the experiment all this week. I don't normally drink on a regular basis but I've seen some posts that indicate a glass of red wine can help in the battle with lowering BS. However, I do wonder if maybe it's cheating a little.

Reactions: 24 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
If you enjoy the occasional red, then why not? Small glass should be no issue whatsoever

Good work on those numbers @WeeFergus

I can't honestly say that I really enjoyed the red wine, I just glugged it over much like some medication! It was only just over 100ml so I reckon the full bottle will last a week then I'll decide whether to keep it up.

Reactions: 9 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't honestly say that I really enjoyed the red wine, I just glugged it over much like some medication! It was only just over 100ml so I reckon the full bottle will last a week then I'll decide whether to keep it up.
I admire your restraint. Worth getting one of those vacuum pump wine stoppers. Would be so redundant in this household.

Reactions: 14 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for not posting yesterday - had an early start for the wedding and tested but didn't manage to post the result, so 6.1 for Saturday morning and 6.3 today (Sunday). Have to admit that the reception was a break from avoiding carbs so 6.3 not so bad a result really. On Friday we did a 3 mile hike in the local forest (beautiful!) including some quite tricky rocky obstacles and a total of 400 feet elevation change (according to me app!) and my legs definitely had a work out so the 6.1 the next morning is actually rather disappointing. More wedding celebrations later today but will be trying harder to avoid the carbs today.

Reactions: 22 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 for me......still prefer my lower range of 5!
Bedtime was 5.4 so about my norm range for overnight
I was 5.2 before dinner (steak, mushrooms and salad), raspberries and double cream, did my second bike session afterwards, two hours post dinner was 5.9:)

Reactions: 21 people
M

mojo37

A random 6.2 this am ..didn't get to bed/ sleep till 2 am had a night out drinks and meal and yet the lowest fasting reading in a while :confused:. Maybe that's what I need drinking and nights out ;)

Reactions: 19 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

7.3 this morning, and at long last a downward shift on the weighing scale of 2 lbs!

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday.

Reactions: 16 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.3 mmol / L this morning
7.2 mmol / L at bed time.

Not sure why both are so disappointingly high.

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.