Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm late also, my fasting result this morning before food was 5.8

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 22 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @s_k_s I'm sure others have said it, but thanks for recording everyones data, awesome service :)

Reactions: 17 people
M

mojo37

You are right the doctors and nurses never mention low carbs. Why?
I know I was actively encouraged to eat "good carbs " and I know from testing and trial and error that bread and pasta even wholemeal raise my levels and don't get me started on beans ;)

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know I was actively encouraged to eat "good carbs " and I know from testing and trial and error that bread and pasta even wholemeal raise my levels and don't get me started on beans ;)
I am OK with good carbs but potato and beans really spike me. I am OK with some cereals including porrage

Reactions: 11 people
M

mojo37

I am OK with good carbs but potato and beans really spike me. I am OK with some cereals including porrage
Strange isn't it I'm fine with porridge but beans esp on toast send my BG up to double figures. But then bread on its own does the same thing unless I take at least 20 /30 mins aerobic exercise afterwards

Reactions: 7 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting mid-morning: 6.7

Liver kindly offered a helping hand before I got around to eating and sent me up to 7.8 :eek: but came back down (to 6.8) after eating... Blooming interfering twerp that it is - can I switch my liver off please???

Robbity

Reactions: 22 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
This morning, about half an hour after getting up, 6.1. I don't know if this is good - it's my first FBG measurement (i got a meter yesterday and had 5.0 two hours after lunch)
Good morning Larissima... Welcome... your numbers are good - we all strive to get our early morning fasting numbers down... :) Some of us have livers that 'take care of us' by dumping sugar for us to start our day... thank you liver.. :) your post-prandial reading of 5 is very acceptable...

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.9 today...

I was up at 3am to see Mr K off on a trip to Riyadh... poor chap, didn't want to go at all... I made him bubble and squeak fried in butter, ham and eggs to sustain him during his 4 hour drive... you have no idea what strength of character I displayed by not touching a single piece... :)

Reactions: 21 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks! I'm Type 2, recently diagnosed, not given any medication but told to lose weight. Actually, more than told - I've been referred to a dietician, bariatric surgery assessment and a diabetic education programme (Right Start). These appointments are coming up in May and June. In the last 10 days (since I started posting here) I managed to get back onto Low Carb, though, so I'm hoping that helps.
It's never easy, is it? But if you check out the 'Low Carb - What have you eaten today' thread on the forum, you will see how many of us lose weight on the Low Carb High Fat regime... a lot of people say their cholesterol comes down after some time on it too.... We are all different though, and the hardest part seems to be finding the things that work for you personally... There is a Low Carb Recipe thread too, with some absolutely lovely recipes on it... sometimes I'm happy to have to low-carb... :) As soon as I was diagnosed last October I found this forum and I have managed to keep my numbers at 'normal' almost constantly... except the morning fasting, which seem to fluctuate with stress and illness of course.. :) Good luck my dear... Susi....

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all

5.2 fasting this morning. Pee ketones 1.5 ish.

Some great personal numbers coming in by peps - adds a bit of colour to an otherwise grey and windy day down here at saga central.
Nicely said Baruney... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.