Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
7.1 at 3.30am :0

had to get up to take son to school for Alton Towers trip

No Idea on last nights as bedded down straight after fish supper....oops

Reactions: 16 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
5.1 and snotty reporting from Sunny South London.

I wish it was as warm outside as it looks from inside.
Sunny in Ayr but by jings its nippy! Don't call it chilly jockoland for nothing

Reactions: 8 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's a good question.... Should it be as soon as we wake? Every morning I mean to do better, but I always seem to test at a different time...mostly because I have 4 large cats, which live, and are fed, in different parts of the house, a large fish-tank with loads of starving fish in it and a 3-metre tank full of very large and hungry red-eared slider turtles - and one Saudi Arabian illegal immigrant... and four very large catfish... all rescues I will hastily add, I didn't do it on purpose... :) Oh, and the oldest turtle had three babies hatch too, which increased the numbers overnight rather alarmingly.... :eek::D I was always led to believe that it's hard to hatch the things without incubators and what-have-you... wrong... all you need it a load of damp sand and some warm weather - searingly hot in fact! And they are all girls bar one little boy... :) Sorry, off-piste again... :oops:
You ate the baby turtles?
Immigrants in the fish tank! Floating voters? Does the home office know?

Reactions: 8 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice spot on 5 today after a bedtime of 5.2 :) I can go with that !
Nice and bright here too at the seaside- but very fresh out there!! Busy day ahead, lots of arrivals to check - in today for what is normally the quiet bank holiday :eek:

Reactions: 25 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. It's 6.1 today, even though I had a nicely LC dinner last night. Yesterday's was 5.4, but measured a bit earlier, as I start earlier on Tues/Thus. Can a time difference in measurement of only half an hour be responsible?

Reactions: 21 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You haven't been dreaming of Clark's pies have u, the power of thought raising your bloods sugar whilst u slept ;)
I thought 3.9 was a bit low for me to go to sleep on so took remedial action! A white chocolate cookie and a glass of strawberry milkshake ;)

I've tried ordering said pies for delivery to Scotland but they don't do it anymore....probably a good thing

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning. It's 6.1 today, even though I had a nicely LC dinner last night. Yesterday's was 5.4, but measured a bit earlier, as I start earlier on Tues/Thus. Can a time difference in measurement of only half an hour be responsible?
Could do I have noticed that mine is sometimes higher if I test later

Reactions: 4 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I was 5.6 after a bedtime reading of 5.9. I had my retinopathy test yesterday - results in 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: 25 people
Status
Not open for further replies.