Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people,nasty habits,people who don't clean up after their dogs !
flies,wasps……the list is endless….oh and being tired…
mine's been slowly coming down,i'm now on metformin,i am watching what i eat,and exercising more,
so from 17-19 down to around 6.7 in the morning i'm quite pleased with myself.:)
oh and i've lost just over a stone in weight.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My average for February (waking numbers over 28 points) is 5.056 - pretty happy with that. I had one outlier (twice actually) at 5.8 and the median is 5.1.

My overall average across Feb with points taken @ fasting, just before eating, 1 hour and 2 hours (and sometimes 3 if eaten slow carbs like ice cream) is 5.7. I have taken on the mantra that many use on here and that is to eat to my meter with a twist; I exercise to my meter, hence the one hour readings

michelle88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 with the help of 2 units of Levemir before bed. Pleasantly surprised, as I didn't expect 2 units to make much difference!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me today.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes in the coming weeks as my activity and food consumption goes back up to very active.

Peridot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine still seems to be all over the place - from 5.7 to 8.9 in the last week but I'm still new to all this so I guess it will be a whole before I can draw any robust conclusions

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning and 4.8 yesterday. Nothing to do with exercise, I have a cold, am not eating much and just drinking water.

I call it the very cheap diet.

Reactions: 2 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Forgot to test :rolleyes:

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have a cold,but eating as normal,though its gone from high 5's to 7.7 this morning!

Diagnosed 11/09/13 hba1c 76
16/12/13 hba1c 46

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning, but had a curry last night and had I some fried rice (shock horror) so I was expecting far worse. Was 4.8 yesterday morning.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

michelle88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woohoo! 5.5, no basal. But I tested an hour earlier than when I usually do. So I guess BG rises the longer I'm awake...

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
fasting 7.1 2 hrs after breakfast 8.0 was on 40mg twice a day of gliclazide but was taken off them on Monday due to regular low sugars and weight gain

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
fasting 15.9 again nothing to eat for me this morning taken 7 units of rapid see if that brings it down???

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I was 4.9, after a full day of long haul flight and time shifts - including the most incredible (yes, incredible would cover it) diabetic meals. Then this morning 4.6 after a full day on the hoof, at the third ODI. Lobster at lunch wouldn't have been off the straight and narrow, but we won't mention the bacon sarnie on baguette for brekkers. A great day out though.

Oh well. Back to the hard life in the sunshine. Life could be worse. :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9. worst ever and I feel so down I don't really want to try to do anything about it.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 after a really lousy nights sleep. Anyone else see a correlation between sleep quality and blood glucose? Mine is always a bit higher if I sleep badly.

dave1961

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually between 9.9 - 12 , today was 9.9 after a really bad night sleep, think i must have had about 3 hours sleep 8-(

Status
Not open for further replies.