Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 This morning - I wake up with a really hot forehead and dry mouth
After breakfast and meds it goes to 6.5 now im on LCHF
After lunch its 5.4 now too

My fasting was 11.0 when I was using NHS eat carbs BS

its all way to confuddling for me :¬(

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
4.7 this morning and then 5.2 after my 30 min cycle before breakfast (morning fat burn)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 . Starting to go down now the cold (manflu) is gone...

Diagnosed 11/09/13 hba1c 76
16/12/13 hba1c 46

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2. OK, even I'm bored of me now!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 again. I think I can say that my initial concerns for an upward swing were, thus far, unfounded.

I do need to find a way to very slightly increase my calorie intake as I have lost a little more weight. It's only equating to 0.5kg a week, for the last 3 weeks (when my activity levels increased again)........ If only I could target the two areas where I have a little stubborn padding, and redistribute it to the overly boney areas, I would probably be happy.

But then again, I am a woman. Would I ever be happy with body image? (OK, don't answer that last question. You know it makes sense. :))

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello

Just discovered this thread and I'm hoping it might help me gain a better sense of perspective.

Since starting low carbing 10 days ago I've gained 2lb and my fasting reading this morning was 10.3, then 8.9 two hours after a breakfast. of protein shake with berries and fresh ginger root. Before LCHF fasting readings averaged 7 -9.

Do I need more patience or am I doing something wrong?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hello

Just discovered this thread and I'm hoping it might help me gain a better sense of perspective.

Since starting low carbing 10 days ago I've gained 2lb and my fasting reading this morning was 10.3, then 8.9 two hours after a breakfast. of protein shake with berries and fresh ginger root. Before LCHF fasting readings averaged 7 -9.

Do I need more patience or am I doing something wrong?
What are you eating?
Brekkie bacon and eggs
Lunch full fat yoghurt and handful of blueberries
Snack piece of cheese
Dinner chicken in creamy sauce and green veg (loads of)
1 square of dark choccie - break bits off and suck them with warm drink. Makes me feel like I've had 3 or 4 squares!
I plateaued for a couple of weeks then lost 1lb last week, 2 yesterday and unbelievably a further pound when weighed self now - yay!!!!
If you tell us what you eat well all give our opinion! Go and look at www.dietdoctor.com. Big hug!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bs 5.8 yesterday but 7 today. Probably coz I had 1 glass of wine, a profiteroles, half of husbands waffle. And a piece of dark choccie. Silly girl! :(

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the hug and the encouragement, Scandichic

You definitely eat better than me.

Hmmm , Well on waking every morning I drink a large glass of hot water with a quarter of a lemon squeezed in. Then take blood sugars.

Breakfast was Dr Mercola's protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, 1 apple and a large chunk of grated ginger root which I think is helping me tolerate the metformin. Large cup of tea with semi skimmed milk

Lunch = celery sticks spread liberally with full fat brussels pate and large glass of water

Then after 1 hour brisk walk, my first 9bar (nutty) after hearing good things about it here, with a large cup of strong tea with skimmed milk

Bloods now, 2.5 hours after lunch and brisk walk are 6.7

Supper tonight will be a large organic salmon steak baked in the over in olive oil, with a bed of spinach with my first sugar-free jelly and a large dollop of cornish clotted cream :)

I've struggled to get my head round being able to eat high fat foods which I've avoided all my adult llife, but I'm facing my demons.....!

Also very low mood last night and this morning which by lunchtime had lifted

Hugs back to you

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Are you eating enough? How long have you been doing this diet? Hope you're feeling better now!

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you eating enough? How long have you been doing this diet? Hope you're feeling better now!

Been low carbing/high fat for just 10 days since joining the forum

Possibly not eating enough but old habits die hard and i've never been one to snack and rarely eat after 6pm.

Yes, feeling better for the walk and yummy 9bar, thanks! Never experienced so many mood swings before though and they are not nice

Thanks for concern

mark51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
Hi, I was diagnosed around 4 weeks ago blood glucose levels of 39.1, HbA1c over 100. Now I have levels of around 5 in the morning. Eating a low car diet and have lost approx 8kgs so far. But after light exercise be can drop to 4 or lower before lunch. Still signed off work, a bit worried how this will stabilise allowing me back to work. The main worry is I do a lot of driving in my job as a business consultant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There can be some initial side effects. Go to www.dietdoctor.com. After a couple of weeks when your body gets used to meds and diet you will feel great. Think about it - you have been functioning as a really ill person. Your body is not used to normal sugar levels! I have lost almost 1 and 1/2 stone since 28th of Jan. take care and keep going!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't think you've been going long enough. See my post about side effects. Take care x

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just checked my meter for the past week and my fbg ranges from 6.3 - 7. I thought that was ok-ish, but looking on here now I am not so sure :(

Does this seem high? I am a T2 carb avoider on 1 x 500 metformin a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.