Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dropped my carb intake to less than 40g for the last couple of days and this morning my fasting result was 4.1

Completed a heavy resistance training session and eaten a couple of boiled eggs about an hour ago, and BG is now still only 5.1, so pretty happy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jeff9871 - when you know something about me, then you may comment upon my actions, but whilst you continue to exhibit the characteristics of a troll, or an arrogant, supercilious bore, I'll ignore you. Completely.

The difference between you and I is that I know I am, continually, returning blood glucose results in the non-diabetic ranges. My meter, and HBa1cc tests tells me that. I may not eat 2500 calories a day (nor do I want to), but nor am I constantly tired,............. Or delusional.

You are a danger to yourself.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies playmates, but I feel the better for that.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK. I won't ignore you for now.

Have you read the footer of my posts where is says "no medication"? I don't take medication for anything. I have managed my diabetes by modifying my diet and exercising every day. The impact of those changes is demonstrated by my meter readings.

Whilst I would concede that daily monitoring is less critical once control is achieved and a trusted diet found, it is imperative, in my view, to understand the starting, interim and maintenance points of that process. I propose to continue to monitor my fasting levels ad infinitum, even if I ease up on other tests.

So aside from some of your symptoms easing, how do you know your bloods are running at healthy levels? I suspect you may feel they are healthy, but don't actually know.

Perhaps in an effort to help us understand you might give us an indication of the foodstuff making up your 2500 calories these days and what you consider you will be eating when you get around to reducing to 700-800 calories. Is there a reason you have deferred this reduction?

michelle88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My past few morning readings have been: 5.7, 5.1, 5.7, 5.6 and 4.9 today. I'm well chuffed. Hope it continues this way! I reckon the cinnamon tablet I take during dinner is making a small but significant difference :)

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still 6.0-6.6 here - I noticed its higher when I wake up mid dreaming with real "hot head" yes Very Hot Forehead
Maybe my brain demands glucose to fuel my loony dreams hehe

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 This morning. On a bit of a downward trend. However, off to Italy tomorrow for a week, so the restaurants there will be interesting! As usual on holiday, I will 'forget' my testing kit, but be sensible with what I eat!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning.

Enjoy your holiday Caterham. I find Italian food to be my greatest challenge, to find something I can tolerate well on a restaurant menu. That said, I haven't retested it for a while, and these days my body is a bit more tolerant, in general.

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, I will! I just have to make sure I don't go mad on the carbs. I am stable on 130-150g per day, and I can judge that pretty well now. It's just nice to have a week off recording everything I eat and testing.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 again this morning.

I was curious about how it would be this morning, as is was 3.8 both pre and postprandial yesterday evening, after Rick Stein's Pardino Lentils, which I hadn't had since diagnosis. Goes to show my liver is coming into play overnight.

All is well in this part of the world.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning. I would prefer in the 5s!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. But Nigella's Paella is,just sooooo moreish!!

Katchoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning. I don't get my body at times, I'm frequently 5 or below an hour after food in the evening, and higher in the morning.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Katchoo - my experience, and that of many others, suggests one's fasting levels take longest to persuade downwards, but it does happen. Once mine lowered, they plateaued a little, then dropped another notch.

I know we're all different, but my experience mirrors that of many others. Stick with it. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning.

I'm currently experiencing some slightly odd readings. As I'm now regularly in the mid 3s, I'm wondering if some of the "bigger", unexpected numbers are due to liver action. I use the parenthesis on the bigger as these numbers are still quite low in the scheme of things.

I've taken this diabetes thing by the scruff of the neck and shaken it hard. One day I will understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.