Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fascinated by this....brilliant results. Very interesting theory too that makes sense ( re the visceral fat ) I can only hope for similar results one day. Are you taking in more carbs on a regular basis now?

Yeah, I generally have between 150-220 grammes of carbs a day now but don't eat potatoes, white bread, white rice, etc. and try and eat home made food all the time (including bread).

I still eat loads and loads of vegetables and am exercising more than I have for 20 years (jogging, squash, five a side and indoor cycling) - at least 1/2 - 1 hour a day of full blown cardio exercise

When I was first diagnosed, I couldn't tolerate carbs in any quantity and had to drop below 20g a day to keep my blood sugar in check. I came off LCHF initially to try and slow down my weight loss (I found I couldn't eat more than 1,500 calories a day on LCHF without feeling full all the time) and carefully monitored my blood sugar.

I've found that I can eat far more carbs than before as long as they are low GI and the only difference between then and now is my huge weight loss and increase in exercise so while I don't know there is a link, it makes sense to me :)

Reactions: 18 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Hi all 6.3 on my first day back to work:D

Reactions: 22 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I agree, its the best solution , keep bs as low as poss' and neuropathy will reverse,i found that for me , 10 % carbs,20% protein, 80% fats is working for me,plus i portion control , so i do not exceed 900 cals a day, ( i'm still trying to lose weight.

10% carbs 20% protein 80% fats...................thats already 110% ie poor portion control, suggest you get back to 100% and see how that works [ wink,wink of course]

Reactions: 17 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
10% carbs 20% protein 80% fats...................thats already 110% ie poor portion control, suggest you get back to 100% and see how that works [ wink,wink of course]
I always give it 110%

Reactions: 21 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @phil1966 how were the 200g carbs delivered, that really is an impressive amount and good to see it had little effect on amBG

Now @hankjam why would you ask that? You're just torturing yourself (and us) by trying to live vicariously through Phil's carbs! Are you a bit of a masochist on the QT? ;)

Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now @hankjam why would you ask that? You're just torturing yourself (and us) by trying to live vicariously through Phil's carbs! Are you a bit of a masochist on the QT? ;)
I can see that.....
but but but... Phil is a bit a head of me.... in BG control and weight.... and I'm still really low carbing and wondering when to venture up a bit.... but part of me is happy where I am...
starting to "work out" a bit and that might change things...
and it's good know it can be done...

Reactions: 10 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can see that.....
but but but... Phil is a bit a head of me.... in BG control and weight.... and I'm still really low carbing and wondering when to venture up a bit.... but part of me is happy where I am...

I know EXACTLY what you mean, it's like seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. I've still got a long way to go, as I need to lose almost half of my starting weight :eek: but LCHF has finally given me a hunger-pang free way to achieve it! I know I can't ever go back to my previous WOE but I would eventually like a bit more fruit and some wholemeal bread - fingers crossed.

Reactions: 9 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can see that.....
HUNKjam?

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.8 this morning finally had a decentish night sleep still up with chest but only an hour before the alarm. Meeting with local Asthma nurse today she is great I have knows her 10 years. Hopefully she will come up with something:)

Reactions: 28 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.0 today had oats for supper.... had a bad night am sure I have a bladder infection and a sample gone in and to the lab ...hate the wait

Reactions: 23 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.0 today had oats for supper.... had a bad night am sure I have a bladder infection and a sample gone in and to the lab ...hate the wait
Hope things come back clear. Infection could explain higher readings although I am sure your like me and on insulin so that doesn't always help. Try drinking lots of water or redbush tea, cranberry juice is good for flushing the system too. Sainsburrys to a long life no added sugar one with less than a gram of sugar per glass.
Take care Lou:)

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 am
Slept like a log, strange dreams and a mid night toddle off for a widdle, which I can do without...
nother grey wet start to the day,
take care

Reactions: 27 people
Status
Not open for further replies.