Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrylizard1314

Another question if I may, can you tell me what was the gms carbs and gms of protein on your ND ?

Of course you may, Pasha dear, on the ND, I kept to the optifast version of 3 meal replacements a day, plus 2 cups of leafy salads and vegetables.

Each Optifast packet was 209 calories, 4.5g Fat, Carbs 22.5g and Protein17.5

The salads were about 60/80 Cals. 3g Fat, 7g carbs and 2g protein

There was not much change in BGLs until after the third week. Then something happened, and the ketones started to climb.
I only deviated from the ND a couple of times, but I made sure that at least the calorie count over every two days maintained an average of around 800 calories

Reactions: 11 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Of course you may, Pasha dear, on the ND, I kept to the optifast version of 3 meal replacements a day, plus 2 cups of leafy salads and vegetables.

There was not much change in BGLs until after the third week. Then something happened, and the ketones started to climb.
I only deviated from the ND a couple of times, but I made sure that at least the calorie count over every two days maintained an average of around 800 calories

Thanks very much, Merrylizard.

Reactions: 2 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning.

After getting a 5.0 on Sunday, averaging 5.5 for weeks, I've been 6+ everyday so far.

Reactions: 24 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Out for dinner at a friends house last night, curry with rice. Bedtime reading 9.2
Fasting 6.1
Still running high 8.2 one hour after lunch .

Reactions: 24 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade today....5.3 today....depending on which result is correct...meter seems to be giving out some crazy numbers lately. For example yesterday....post lunch reading 7.0???? er no way ...so retested and it came in at 5.3 which is the normal result for what I had eaten. VERY confusing to say the least

Reactions: 23 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow 4.5 this morning I am surprised cause had a piece of dairy free home made shortbread at home group last night.
Not looking forward to testing later as diets are not allowed on my birthday :)
@loulou99782 Happy birthday loulou....hope you have a lovely day :D:singing:happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday dear loulou ...happy birthday to you

Reactions: 19 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Out for dinner at a friends house last night, curry with rice. Bedtime reading 9.2
Fasting 6.1
Still running high 8.2 one hour after lunch .

"out for dinner"..............meaning that you are feeling much better now, thats very good news.

Reactions: 14 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
5.2 on this sunny Thursday in Newcastle. Have a great day folks. Best wishes & good health to all. X

Wishing you a very happy birthday @loulou99782. This ones for you....

image.jpg

Reactions: 29 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

So I understand that the following holds,

800 calories = 25% fat [ 22 grams] , 30% protein [60 grams] and 45% carbohydrates [ 90 grams]

Believe it or not I could not tolerate all those carbohydrates, they are 600% times my current daily intake.

Re your difficulty getting down enough oils/fats, I have no trouble with that, I can quite happily drink olive oil.

How different we all are, plenty of scope for tinkering to find out what bests suits us.

Thanks again for the information.

Reactions: 12 people

Merrylizard1314

So I understand that the following holds,

800 calories = 25% fat [ 22 grams] , 30% protein [60 grams] and 45% carbohydrates [ 90 grams]

Believe it or not I could not tolerate all those carbohydrates, they are 600% times my current daily intake.

Re your difficulty getting down enough oils/fats, I have no trouble with that, I can quite happily drink olive oil.

How different we all are, plenty of scope for tinkering to find out what bests suits us.

Thanks again for the information.

I was very glad to finish with ND, because, although it worked for me, and I was able to do a fair amount of exercise, I never felt optimally well on it.
And in the 3 weeks following ND, I used only 1packet of Optifast divided into 3 for the day, and added fish, cheese and egg and more leafy vegetables to the same 800calorie value,and felt much better.
Now I believe that the Optifast method, while simple to follow, and supposedly balanced for nutritional purposes, may not be as good.for the metabolism as real food, And the percentages, particularly of carbohydrates would be quite different.
Now, I am using LCHF principles and keep the portion sizes within reason, somewhere between 1200 - 1500 calories.

This FF I decided on, only because I will not be able to do my usual activities for some weeks because of an injury, and I fear weight gain as a result.

Since I have been fat fasting, I have been surprised by how little hunger I feel, particularly in the afternoons. So probably, for the next 2 days, I should try for more oil and fat in the forenoon?

Sorry to be so prolix, you are right, it is interesting how individual tolerances vary,

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was very glad to finish with ND, because, although it worked for me, and I was able to do a fair amount of exercise, I never felt optimally well on it.
And in the 3 weeks following ND, I used only 1packet of Optifast divided into 3 for the day, and added fish, cheese and egg and more leafy vegetables to the same 800calorie value,and felt much better.
Now I believe that the Optifast method, while simple to follow, and supposedly balanced for nutritional purposes, may not be as good.for the metabolism as real food, And the percentages, particularly of carbohydrates would be quite different.
Now, I am using LCHF principles and keep the portion sizes within reason, somewhere between 1200 - 1500 calories.

This FF I decided on, only because I will not be able to do my usual activities for some weeks because of an injury, and I fear weight gain as a result.

Since I have been fat fasting, I have been surprised by how little hunger I feel, particularly in the afternoons. So probably, for the next 2 days, I should try for more oil and fat in the forenoon?

Sorry to be so prolix, you are right, it is interesting how individual tolerances vary,
Hope your ok Merrylizard what have you been up to. I am not able to exercise much at the moment because of silly chest etc. Although the MELAS (genetic disorder) makes dieting or fasting hard.

Reactions: 5 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
73 mg/dl or 4.05 mmoles/l

Re solving afternoon hunger, my experience is very similar to yours. My last meal of the day is at 15.00 to 16.00 h and consists of small amounts of almonds [14 grams], pecans[28grams] and a French sized[ 25 grams] portion of brie.That in itself is 34.5 grams of fat. I make up the days needed total for fat requirements with some olive oil, taking it straight. That easily gets me through to the next morning, no pangs of hunger at all.

Reactions: 17 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
almost forgot to post this mornings FBG, 73 mg/dl or 4.05 mmoles/l. That would be a chuff-1, rating

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.