Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
October is a great time to visit .Still warm days,not too hot, and cool nights. I slept out under the stars in that area for quite a long time, October ,42 years ago.I am sure that you will enjoy yourselves, the Jordanians are great hosts.
Watch out for the daft hairy Jordies when you go.

Reactions: 5 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi @Pasha,

It's very kind of you to give me that added information. We're going in October because it's my birthday & wedding anniversary. Plus, as you've said, it won't be too hot. I've wanted to go to Petra since seeing it in one of the Indiana Jones movies many years ago. We'll be spending a couple of nights sleeping under the stars in a Bedouin camp in Little Petra. So, that'll be an experience.

I know I'll need to be careful regarding my blood glucose because of the heat. Guess it's sensible precautions & drink plenty of water. If you have any other tips then please feel free to PM me. Wishing you well. X

Reactions: 11 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It has arrived and thank you, I have registered it online. There was no mention of anything free other than a choice of case for it which I have ordered. Perhaps I need to look closer to see what else is available and I will do that a little later when I have more time. I will be keeping the meter as a spare but am so looking forward to hopefully pain free testing and no more sore fingers :)
Hi Gezzabelle,
Very happy for you:)
Strange though, as I myself can't remember any cases being offered on Accu-Chek UK's site when I registred my Aviva, but I have been sent batery vouchers etc. which I already used in Boots.
Nevertheless, glad you've got your FastClix, hope it will make testing less stressful:-D

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gezzabelle,
Very happy for you:)
Strange though, as I myself can't remember any cases being offered on Accu-Chek UK's site when I registred my Aviva, but I have been sent batery vouchers etc. which I already used in Boots.
Nevertheless, glad you've got your FastClix, hope it will make testing less stressful:-D
Much, much less painful :D thank you :D Perhaps they will send vouchers with the case. There was a choice of 2 so I chose the more compact...the other was much bigger to hold more supplies.

Reactions: 10 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Well keep doing that for the time being at least and hope things get better soon.

Thanks @Baruney - will do!

Tough times never last - tough people do. Question is am I tough enough? Think I'm being tested.

Definitely don't need to be found wanting! Grrr!

Reactions: 11 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thursday at 6.15am. 3.6mmol/l. ketones 2.7.
Lovely red dawn and now, at 1pm, beautifully sunny and 12degrees.
A chuff for me too!

Very low carbs and protein yesterday ? Can you compare todays ketone levels with those you got during the ND ?

Merrylizard1314

Hi Pasha
Yesterday the carbs totalled 9g and protein was 23g.

While on ND, my ketone level never got above 1.9.

I remember being alarmed when ketones were , I think, 1.5, and I wasn't sure what was happening.
There was some helpful advice on this forum which alleviated my anxiety while on ND.

Reactions: 14 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Pasha
Yesterday the carbs totalled 9g and protein was 23g.

While on ND, my ketone level never got above 1.9.

I remember being alarmed when ketones were , I think, 1.5, and I wasn't sure what was happening.
There was some helpful advice on this forum which alleviated my anxiety while on ND.

Another question if I may, can you tell me what was the gms carbs and gms of protein on your ND ?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 am
It's a cracking start to the day in EC Scotland, lovely sun rise going on...

Reactions: 26 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow 4.5 this morning I am surprised cause had a piece of dairy free home made shortbread at home group last night.
Not looking forward to testing later as diets are not allowed on my birthday :)

Reactions: 28 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, after a late supper of Lidl roll cheese on toast :D

Reactions: 24 people
Status
Not open for further replies.