Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

So I thought I was going to take a break from testing but 2 days later and curiosity got the better of me.

4.4 this morning :)

Reactions: 31 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning:
Blood Glucose 7.9 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

At bed time:
Blood Glucose 5.2 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

Think this morning's test is past my dawn phenomenon hence the high reading compared to yesterday's early start. Also think the stress yesterday outweighed the fact it was the lowest amount of carbs consumed in a day for a couple of weeks. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel about this morning's reading! Had hoped to be in early 6s! Just going to have to suck it up and move forward - story of my life lately ... blah ... blah ... blah.
I had a spurious 13 reading last week but 2 hours later it was down - could it just be the time at which fasting readings are taken as you hinted.

Reactions: 15 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.8 and a head ache this morn:(:banghead::banghead:

Reactions: 25 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi Nomis,
I can see you have a bit of a valley ride for now, and I can truly sympathize with you rembering not long ago the agony of work and family relatd major stress, which sent me to many unwanted GP appointments, some of them problems still lurking around...
I know it sounds cliche, but cheer up Sir, there's always some sunshine left for you behind the thick clouds ;-)
All the best to you :-D

Thanks for your positive thoughts.

I've been riding this valley for nearly five years now. It was undoubtably the stress in the very deep part near the beginning that caused my diagnosis!

There has been deeper and shallower parts since.

Just seems to be a particularly deep and treacherous stretch at the moment.

I've said it before on here:

Tough times never last but, tough people do. I'm just wondering if I'm tough enough!?!

Not usually one to complain. Just feeling weary from it all. Especially the fact that when I need to rely on other people to step up to the mark, they're consistently letting me down.

Keep on keeping on, eh?!

*forces smile*

Reactions: 19 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I had a spurious 13 reading last week but 2 hours later it was down - could it just be the time at which fasting readings are taken as you hinted.

Definitely part of the equation. There can be so many factors that affect our blood glucose. So it can be difficult to actually zero in on the cause(s). Stress caused my diagnosis so I know it's a major contributor to my levels.

Reactions: 18 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning for no apparent reason (other than forgetting to take my Metformin last night)

Reactions: 27 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Happy Thursday folks. A 5.4 for me this morning. Not too bad considering the slice of Carrot cake I had with a latte last night. At least it contained a vegetable. ;)

To all you lovely people who today don't feel too good, for one reason or another, this one's for you. Hope it brings a smile. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 29 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Don't like the headache hope it improves soon
Thanks Hitsme had them all day yesterday as well i seem to get patches where i`m free of them then they come back with a vengeance :(

Reactions: 11 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your positive thoughts.

I've been riding this valley for nearly five years now. It was undoubtably the stress in the very deep part near the beginning that caused my diagnosis!

There has been deeper and shallower parts since.

Just seems to be a particularly deep and treacherous stretch at the moment.

I've said it before on here:

Tough times never last but, tough people do. I'm just wondering if I'm tough enough!?!

Not usually one to complain. Just feeling weary from it all. Especially the fact that when I need to rely on other people to step up to the mark, they're consistently letting me down.

Keep on keeping on, eh?!

*forces smile*
You're not alone my Friend!
One thing I've learned in all my years of seemingly never ending struggle, if life throws something at you, throw it back :-/
How You're supposed to do that? I don't really know, I'm just doing it, starting with those I cannot rely on ;-)
As for being tough enough, you're still here, aren't You, Sir? :-D
Moshe

Reactions: 13 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Thursday folks. A 5.4 for me this morning. Not too bad considering the slice of Carrot cake I had with a latte last night. At least it contained a vegetable. ;)

To all you lovely people who today don't feel too good, for one reason or another, this one's for you. Hope it brings a smile. X

View attachment 14236
Was that one vegetable a marzipan carrot? ;-)

Reactions: 11 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a sidetrack question, please:
Does anyone know a source within the UK for psyllium husks, not the tableted ones, but plain, to be used for food thickening, etc.?
H&B doesn't seem to have it anymore...
Thanks in advance,
Moshe

Reactions: 5 people

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi .I have a mug of water with one tablespoon full right next to me. I bought a bag from Amazon but I have seen it on ebay as well

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.