Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.5 for me this morming, bit late posting as I got absorbed reading Alzebras article about type 2 Not being caused by obesity.

Interesting to me on two counts.

First, when I first saw the Doc and described my symptoms, he said that that I was almost certainly diabetic but because I was 55 and "clearly not obese" he feared it could be late onset type 1. Fortunately, this turned out not to be the case, but it does illustrate the point. Second. I worked in the chemical industry for over 20 years and have certainly come across some of the suspect compounds mentioned.

JenniferW - I almost always see a higher result on rising as you have done. This is probably attrbutable to the "dawn phenomenon" - when your liver gives you a dose of glucose to get you going for the day. In time, with diet control you should see all your levels decrease but they will still probably fluctuate.

Reactions: 26 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... JenniferW - I almost always see a higher result on rising as you have done. This is probably attrbutable to the "dawn phenomenon" - when your liver gives you a dose of glucose to get you going for the day. In time, with diet control you should see all your levels decrease ....

I'm not a mornings person at all (never have been), and for the first couple of hours after waking up I'm a real zombie. Without an alarm, I'd never be up before mid-morning. Does this make a difference to what my liver's doing?

Reactions: 2 people

Murph28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry off-topic, but the post just arrived with my latest HbA1C result:

31 chuffed to smithereens and actually a bit tearful. Massively grateful to all the lovely people on here!
And so you should be!!! Very well done Alzebra :D:D:D

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Thanks Hitsme had them all day yesterday as well i seem to get patches where i`m free of them then they come back with a vengeance :(

I have experienced some banging headaches since being diagnosed in late January. So bad that I simply couldn't function. I know they're related to either high or low BG. OTC analgesia, such as Paracetamol etc, helped a little. But, the only medication that consistently works for me, during or when I feel an attack coming on, is Aspirin 300mg. It's cheap, effective & also helps if you can't take Sumatripan due to other medication interactions. I need to add, it's always best to discuss with your GP or DNS any new treatments or medication being considered BEFORE commencing it. That goes without saying really.

I now use a preventative. I have a Feverfew plant, & eat a few small leaves with breakfast every day. They're quite bitter, so I disguise the taste with a teaspoon of peanut butter, or in yoghurts. My headaches have significantly reduced in frequency. Feverfew can be bought as a tincture, a tea or capsules from most health food stores, Amazon or eBay. This gives a little more information: http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet-feverfew-and-migraine-10904 I do hope you get some relief from your debilitating & painful headaches real soon @oldman1954. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have experienced some banging headaches since being diagnosed in late January. So bad that I simply couldn't function. I know they're related to either high or low BG. OTC analgesia, such as Paracetamol etc, helped a little. But, the only medication that consistently works for me, during or when I feel an attack coming on, is Aspirin 300mg. It's cheap, effective & also helps if you can't take Sumatripan due to other medication interactions.

I now use a preventative. I have a Feverfew plant, & eat a few small leaves with breakfast every day. They're quite bitter, so I disguise the taste with a teaspoon of peanut butter, or in yoghurts. My headaches have significantly reduced in frequency. Feverfew can be bought as a tincture, a tea or capsules from most health food stores, Amazon or eBay. This gives a little more information: http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet-feverfew-and-migraine-10904 I do hope you get some relief from your debilitating & painful headaches real soon @oldman1954. X
After reducing co-codamol from 8 to 2 a day, I started to top it with Aspirin + Codeine from Boots. Unfortunately my severe, life long back problems don't leave much choice. But Aspirin sorted my recurring headaches as well...
Nevertheless, one always needs to check interactions, and have a word with GP.
;-)

Reactions: 7 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Anyway, enough of this thread derailing from me...I'll be getting my knuckles rapped.

Tomorrow I see my DNS for my HBA1c test. I know it's gonna be better than the last one....so why am I anxious about it. If I get under 48, I'll be happy. Lower would be fantastic. Wish me luck @Alzebra. Us N.E. gals need to stick together. :happy:

Hopefully, this will be me sometime next week when my results letter plops onto the mat. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
After reducing co-codamol from 8 to 2 a day, I started to top it with Aspirin + Codeine from Boots. Unfortunately my severe, life long back problems don't leave much choice. But Aspirin sorted my recurring headaches as well...
Nevertheless, one always needs to check interactions, and have a word with GP.
;-)
Hi the only thing that helps me is Tramadol which my doctor prescribed mine are cluster head aches witch can last up to 3 hours and my bgs go through the roof as well so i get a double wammy

Reactions: 6 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tomorrow I see my DNS for my HBA1c test. I know it's gonna be better than the last one....so why am I anxious about it. If I get under 48, I'll be happy. Lower would be fantastic. Wish me luck @Alzebra. Us N.E. gals need to stick together. :happy:
Sorry to disrupt the sorority, me has blood tests for A1c, cholesterols, liver, kidneys, tomorrow :-o
I'll see how the LCHF diet affected my results and the stopping statins a couple of months ago...
I'm properly freaking out, as I hope to reduce a bit my meds and stay off statins...
Succes to you AJ :-D

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi the only thing that helps me is Tramadol which my doctor prescribed mine are cluster head aches witch can last up to 3 hours and my bgs go through the roof as well so i get a double wammy

Sounds hideous. Poor thing. Tramadol is powerful stuff. It works like a tranquilliser dart with me. But when you're in such awful pain, the strong stuff is the way to go. Sending you (((((((hugs)))))))). Feel better soon. X

Reactions: 7 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sorry to disrupt the sorority, me has blood tests for A1c, cholesterols, liver, kidneys, tomorrow :-o
I'll see how the LCHF diet affected my results and the stopping statins a couple of months ago...
I'm properly freaking out, as I hope to reduce a bit my meds and stay off statins...

Oh...a big day for you tomorrow too. Fingers crossed for us both then hun. :nailbiting:

Reactions: 9 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my friend :-o
Clusters are pure evil, I am truly sorry for you Mate!
I wish I could do something else besides wishing you all the strength you need :-D
Moshe

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Good luck Moshe

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.3 normal sort of range for me.

Have a good one, will try to get back on later for a catch up with everyone.

Reactions: 28 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry off-topic, but the post just arrived with my latest HbA1C result:

31 chuffed to smithereens and actually a bit tearful. Massively grateful to all the lovely people on here!
Massive congratulations......well done :D :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::D

Reactions: 10 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your positive thoughts.

I've been riding this valley for nearly five years now. It was undoubtably the stress in the very deep part near the beginning that caused my diagnosis!

There has been deeper and shallower parts since.

Just seems to be a particularly deep and treacherous stretch at the moment.

I've said it before on here:

Tough times never last but, tough people do. I'm just wondering if I'm tough enough!?!

Not usually one to complain. Just feeling weary from it all. Especially the fact that when I need to rely on other people to step up to the mark, they're consistently letting me down.

Keep on keeping on, eh?!

*forces smile*
Easy to say I know but chin up Buttercup....sometimes we get weary and tired of trying but we know it's what we have to do as no one will do it for us. Better times are around the corner :)....there isn't a hug smiley but have one anyway ((((hug))))

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm not a mornings person at all (never have been), and for the first couple of hours after waking up I'm a real zombie. Without an alarm, I'd never be up before mid-morning. Does this make a difference to what my liver's doing?

Hi @JenniferW. As a shift worker, I sleep strange hours & haven't got what I'd describe as a "normal" sleep pattern. My liver dump happens whenever I wake up after a continuous sleep..be that during the day or night. Also, if I go too long in between meals, without any snacks, my liver punishes me for that too. Before I was diagnosed, my blood glucose levels were high & I could sleep the clock round but still wake up shattered. That's a symptom of consistently elevated BG. So, if you're testing regularly, & your levels are ok, then you might just be one of those unfortunate people who have TATT syndrome. (Tired All The Time.) Good health to you hun. X

Status
Not open for further replies.