Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
This morning:
Blood Glucose 6.3 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.6 mmol / L

Before Bed:
Blood Glucose 5.8 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

Woke from night terror during the night with Blood Glucose 7.6 mmol / L

Earlier start today (and earlier to bed) so probably why I'm in the 6s rather than 7s.

Digestive system currently seems to be on a fast track. So, I'm concerned my morning BulletProof Coffee is going to shoot right through me. See what I did there?

Lol @nomistheman. On cracking form this wet Monday. Hope your insides settle down quickly.

Reactions: 10 people

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 this morning. Escaped the west mids for some sun down south...guess what??? It's chucking it down here too. Doh

Reactions: 30 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 6.0 fasting reading this morning after a 6.7 reading at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 27 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.8 two days off now due to driving laws :):) down from 14st 2lbs to 13st 1lb well chuffed :D:D:D need to put some more holes in my belt ;)

Reactions: 31 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"just a taste" is a very slippery slope. Just say to yourself "NO"
Yes, I knew that, theoretically. Now I know it from experience and will be vigilant.
Also, it's easy to say "NO" to myself, but saying it to those wonderful people who have lovingly prepared delicacies to share makes me feel I'm disappointing them, which makes me feel bad. Although, not as bad as high blood glucose makes me feel, and how it would make me feel in the future if uncontrolled [I want to keep my eyesight and my limbs, thankyouverymuch!]

Reactions: 14 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.8 for me this morning.

Perhaps the Port and cheese after tea last night was a little over-indulgent, but I am happy with anything below 6.

Probably last post for a while as off to Spain today, so look after yourselves and be well folks:):)

Reactions: 28 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this am. 3 mile walk and and now having half a lid roll and an egg fried in buttet

Reactions: 30 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning All

5.8 for me this morning.

Perhaps the Port and cheese after tea last night was a little over-indulgent, but I am happy with anything below 6.

Probably last post for a while as off to Spain today, so look after yourselves and be well folks:):)
Have a good one :D

Reactions: 9 people

Merrylizard1314

A sobering 8.0, after a second day of celebrations (housewarming this time). Although I thought I was doing rather well and making better choices of food and drink, from this perspective I see it differently. It was also much easier to go for "just a taste" of something not really suitable on the second day - I.e. it only becomes easier to "cheat". And I'm only cheating myself! Maybe this is a good lesson before our holiday in August, where I'll have to resist a lot of temptations...

As I have seen written on this forum in the past-

Carbs are addictive and do not loosen their hold easily.

The first bite is the only one you must avoid. Courage!

Reactions: 13 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
8.2 after being ill and no food.
Hope you soon feel better Croc and can keep something down. Take care sending you lots of ((((hugs))))

Attachments

• 1437991774629.jpg
    1437991774629.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: 11 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all:)
A much higher 7.8 for me today ..... was my son's 11th birthday yesterday and we visited creams .... so ..... after a huge plate of strawberries & cream crepes at lunch time( only ate a small amount & my 18 year old finished for me ) and buffet style food for dinner ...... a 7.8 is not to bad , back to it today:oops::oops::rolleyes:

Reactions: 26 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. I got up earlier than usual, and tested before my Liver realised.

Reactions: 29 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Made the mistake of only having a small meal at lunch time and nothing else....just wasn't hungry. Checked bg at 10pm and it was 4.6. Bedtime it was 6.2 .and I was surprised to see the rise after no food...liver might have dumped a little glucose as I hadn't eaten much. Whilst the numbers aren't high it was a lesson learned...don't skip meals :)

Reactions: 29 people
Status
Not open for further replies.