Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 this morning, was very surprised as I had a very carb loaded day yesterday - one slice of fruit bread turned to the whole packet - 10 slices. Plus lots of chocolate/licorice/fudge etc. :oops:

sal36uk

Hello All,

Hope you are all well and fitting fit. :D

I have seen the thread in fasting blood glucose, but was wondering what they are for only Type 2's.

Mine are between 4.5 and 6.0 depending on what I have eaten / drunk the night before.

Cheers
SImply_h
Hi, my fasting blood is between 2.6 and 5.2 now, few months ago my fasting blood was 29.8

Reactions: 4 people

sal36uk

Hi all, i was wondering how many of type 2's get up in the morning and nearly passes out and shakes a lot??? i know its where my blood sugars have dropped over night, i always have something sugary before i go up and in the morning my bloods r still really low.
Thanks
sally :) x

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all, i was wondering how many of type 2's get up in the morning and nearly passes out and shakes a lot??? i know its where my blood sugars have dropped over night, i always have something sugary before i go up and in the morning my bloods r still really low.
Thanks
sally :) x
Are you on any medication. I noticed you said your fasting was 2.6 which is a little low. If you are I would suggest that you book an appointment with your DSN as they may need adjusting.

Oh and great HbA1c btw

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, my fasting blood is between 2.6 and 5.2 now, few months ago my fasting blood was 29.8

That 2.6 is a bit low? How do you feel at that level? I believe 2.2 is considered dangerous for everyone (even non-diabetics, with good natural regulation), so that's getting close.

m3bnn

I wish I could get readings like 5.7 and so I get things like 15 to 20 in the morning and start going up though the day I was 36 about 3 weeks ago had to have paramedics out now going on insulin them readings are with and without food

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I wish I could get readings like 5.7 and so I get things like 15 to 20 in the morning and start going up though the day I was 36 about 3 weeks ago had to have paramedics out now going on insulin them readings are with and without food

@m3bnn Woah they are really high. Hopefully the insulin you are going to be receiving will bring these down. Good luck and let us know what happens/keep reporting you morning values here so we can see your progress

4.6 for me this morning

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Those are high readings - are you Type 1 or 2? Hopefully with the correct medication/diet/exercise you should get those readings lowered.

4.7 this morning

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning I have a real out-lyer at 5.3, then 5.1, then 4.9. My last readings in the 5s at all were post-dinners about 6 weeks ago. It's more an irritation than a concern.

Last night I had a trusted meal, with largely expected results, and this morning is just a step up from there. A few things come to mind:

- a poor night of interrupted sleep (no discernible reason)
- got up about an hour later than normal (not usually an issue for me. Any liver action usually only takes me to the mid 4s)
- using my back-up meter, which runs a smidge higher than my usual one. I'll be on this meter for a couple of weeks, as I have a couple of boxes of strips coming up to their expiry dates)

I'm not going to do lots of parallel checking as that's just a waste of money, in this case. I'm more interested in trends and spikes than the specifics. Whatever the cause, it's a shrug shoulders and move on moment. I'll keep an eye on things, as you might expect.

Last edited by a moderator:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
5.1 for me today

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Another high reading this morning. 9.4 had a cheese scone and a slice of not nice sponge yesterday. Could be why........

Ann Rose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mushrooms, beets, violence and mean people.
5.8 this morning, I was quite excited to see that number as I'd been running a bit higher (6.7 and 7.0's) in recent mornings. (I've been depressed and not having balanced dinners lately, last night must have turned the tide.)

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.