Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Get up, shower, get dressed, make breakfast, take readings. I usually go to bed with a reading in the 5s.

Fast is usually eating at 7pm (low carb) then eating at 7:30am following morning

In terms of how it cross references between last hba1c it's half of what that was 6 ish weeks ago.

Sig is celebrating that I had a 4 reading from my daily testing

Anything else :) I guess I'm frustrated that I'm seemingly controlling the through the day tests but there's no correlation for the morning readings. As a civil engineer who deals in maths / calcs / trends of figures it's starting to annoy me and my OCD !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Ricardo - for your fasting reading, try getting up and testing, before shower, dress, breakfast prep. You may find this gives a "better" result, and less likely to have any liver activity initiated by moving around/showering etc. if nothing else, it will be a more consistent approach, in terms of rising > testing, elapsed time.

However, I completely empathise. My working life, described at its highest level, has all been about problem solving, so data, analysis, logic, and even inspiration have been applied to this bad bay, but still he (yes, diabetes is male) puts his thumb to his nose from time to time.

ricardoharrison

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rascism / Fascism / Negativity
Ricardo - for your fasting reading, try getting up and testing, before shower, dress, breakfast prep. You may find this gives a "better" result, and less likely to have any liver activity initiated by moving around/showering etc. if nothing else, it will be a more consistent approach, in terms of rising > testing, elapsed time.

However, I completely empathise. My working life, described at its highest level, has all been about problem solving, so data, analysis, logic, and even inspiration have been applied to this bad bay, but still he (yes, diabetes is male) puts his thumb to his nose from time to time.

good idea, I'll try to adapt my morning routine to what you suggest and see what it comes out with!!!. My wifes is more blunt, "stop testing in the morning......" is her answer !! ha ha.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning, slightly lower than my weekly average so I'm pleased.

sunday1980

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who value money over family/friendsip
Mine are always between 11 and 15. Regardless of what I have eaten the night before.
Last night I ate a couple tablespoons cottage cheese, was all I could manage as felt so tired, morning reading 11.2 :(

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 at 8:30 this morning. Oops but not unexpected.

I've kept my levels under control and the average for all readings together for April is 5.2. Every Friday I meet up with a friend for a meal out. I always choose very carefully but last night I decided to have some rice to see what would happen. I ordered a chicken biryani and ate all the chicken and just under half the rice. Finished it by 9. Unusually I had left my kit at home and was unable to test until 11:50pm when it was 5.5. Woke up around 5 to visit the bathroom and tested - 6.0. Rose to 6.5 by 8:30. I've noticed before that rice can steadily increase levels over a longer period. I rarely have it and won't be doing that again.

2 x 500mg metformin daily.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning at 10am (had a lie in) Last meal finished about 7-15pm

Last evening meal was weird and would appreciate suggestions.

Before 5.9
1hr after 7.4
2hrs after 7.4
2.5hrs after 7.4
3hrs after 7.3 then gave up.

Meal was boiled egg, salmon, cherry toms, real mayo, 1 slice granary and butter. Mug of tea with a dash of milk. 22g carbs 36g fat.
Not a huge spike at 1.5mmol but it sure lasted a long time.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
I'd love your expert advice and opinions on this.....
This morning. Woke at 6.30am. Lay in bed reading til 8am then up to cook breakfast. Fasting Test at 8.45am 8.9 ! Ate breakfast of 1 chipolata, 1 fried mushroom, 2 fried tomatoes, 30 gm home made spelt brown bread and a poached egg. 3 hours after breakfast 6.7. Is there anything I can I learn from this?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Combination of dawn phenomenon (liver dump) and meter accuracy factors? (8.9 could be at the high end of the meter accuracy window, 6.7 nearer the low end or 'true' value).

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me. The last 24 hours have been higher than my norms, but for now, I'll just keep a watching brief.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 at 11.30 this morning. I kept meaning to get up earlier than that but somehow it just got later and later...oops.
I keep forgetting to do a fasting test so hopefully this will remind me!

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
5.0 yesterday and today and went to bed on 6.5, 2 nights ago and and 4.3 last night.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Combination of dawn phenomenon (liver dump) and meter accuracy factors? (8.9 could be at the high end of the meter accuracy window, 6.7 nearer the low end or 'true' value).
I'm not sure about how my tester is calibrated. It's a bayer contour next usb. I like it but I don't understand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.