Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
8.3 today. :-( had 3 slices of bread yesterday. .... too much exercise makes me want carb.

Eating and exercising my way from manic to moderate Miriam.... and a steady blood glucose.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. Highest ever 6.8, lowest ever 5.8. Mostly about 6. Nothing alters this, it doesn't matter what I eat the previous day. My lowest readings are always before my evening meal, average 5.3.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
6.3 this morning. Highest ever 6.8, lowest ever 5.8. Mostly about 6. Nothing alters this, it doesn't matter what I eat the previous day. My lowest readings are always before my evening meal, average 5.3.
Hi Bluetit
Are you on medication?
I think even before D my bg's were erratic

Eating and exercising my way from manic to moderate Miriam.... and a steady blood glucose.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Bluetit
Are you on medication?
I think even before D my bg's were erratic

Hi Miriamy,

No, no meds other than statins. Also my exercise is split between morning and afternoon, both the same amount.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Still early days yet @Bluetit1802 - don't beat yourself up over it. I am at 5 average for my fasting and no where as low as @AndBreathe and don't think I ever will be. Some of us are just naturally sweeter than others (sorry @AndBreathe don't take it the wrong way)

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 forgot my metformin dose last night.

Bluetit, I'm not an expert but your readings don't seem too high, considering you are unassisted. Do you have any weight to lose? That may make a difference longer term if you're trying to shed some pounds.

Well done so far for keeping your focus. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 after waking in up with a panic attack at 5 and again at 8.30. I hate having anxiety as well as diabetes.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 forgot my metformin dose last night.

Bluetit, I'm not an expert but your readings don't seem too high, considering you are unassisted. Do you have any weight to lose? That may make a difference longer term if you're trying to shed some pounds.

Well done so far for keeping your focus. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thank you. :)
I have lost 2 stone exactly since I started in January. BMI is now 26.2 so not much more to lose now. My spikes are under control - average is a 2.4mmol rise but my lunch time peaks are too high because my start level is too high. It is much the same as my fasting level. My breakfasts are plain soya yogurt and berries so that doesn't have much effect. I stay in the low 6's all morning, but by evening meal I am down to low 5's and some 4's. I have no explanation for it other than it's just the way my body works.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.2 isnt bad - no need for a panic attack. What are you levels prior to eating lunch/dinner or before you go to bed. I find making sure my levels are around 5.5 when I go to bed helps the morning levels. This it is a timing thing

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 isnt bad - no need for a panic attack. What are you levels prior to eating lunch/dinner or before you go to bed. I find making sure my levels are around 5.5 when I go to bed helps the morning levels. This it is a timing thing

I'm not panicking because of the levels- I just have nocturnal panic attacks so they bump it up I think as my adrenaline levels are always high in morning.. Prior to lunch I'm between 4.5 and 5,8 usually and at night between 5.6 and 6.1. I've only just started with metformin and have about 3 st to lose so am hoping that losing the weight will help in the long term. 5lb down only 37 to go.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am very ignorant when it comes to panic attacks - never had anything like that.
The weight loss should help loads and your numbers are good already so I expect you will see a rapid improvement as the weight comes off. Keep it going.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for the encouragement. I think if I hadn't found this place, I'd have curled up in a ball and waited till it or the anxiety carried me off. I think all newly diagnosed people should be pointed this way.

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

thanks for the encouragement. I think if I hadn't found this place, I'd have curled up in a ball and waited till it or the anxiety carried me off. I think all newly diagnosed people should be pointed this way.
Hiya cold ethyl

I was having terrible night terrors pre-diagnosis which woke me up most nights. I sleep like a baby now. Agoraphobia is still the bane of my life, but I am generally a lot more calm now that my bg levels are lower and more stable. A very welcome side effect of diabetes control. Hope you have similar luck :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7 for me this morning.

Bacon, scrambled eggs and half a muffin before we go out to play on the ocean. It's going to be gorgeous today.

Memo to self: sun screen

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya cold ethyl

I was having terrible night terrors pre-diagnosis which woke me up most nights. I sleep like a baby now. Agoraphobia is still the bane of my life, but I am generally a lot more calm now that my bg levels are lower and more stable. A very welcome side effect of diabetes control. Hope you have similar luck :)

Thanks. I suspect it's a combination of the diabetes and menopause, which is what drove me to GP- so a blessing in disguise as he tells me that it is better to know and control BS now than years down the line. Sorry about the agoraphobia. My Mum had that when I was a kid so when my anxiety started I forced myself to go out no matter how terrible I felt because I never wanted to hide under the bed when people knocked like she did. I figure that if it's a heart attack, stroke or whatever other unimaginable end my anxiety tells me is imminent, it might as well happen whilst I am out with friends than home alone. But the night terrors still beat me as waking up with heart racing at 3 or whenever just makes me want to run screaming to A and E every time. I hope that losing weight and controlling BS helps, along with the refresher CBT I have lined up. I wish you well in your fight against both illnesses. xx

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks cold ethyl x I have signed up for the 42 day fitness challenge thingy on here today. I am not wanting a bikini body :bag: I am doing it for all that lovely serotonin hehe :hungry:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must sign up- I can manage about 30 min walk and 10 mins on my exercise bike before I start hyperventilating too much. I know exercise is great for boosting the serotonin levels but you've got to overcome the fear of it first. Oh to have two more compatible ailments;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.