Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had cold. Went away. Came back. Bloods all over place. 7.6 this morning. Put on lb too! :(

This is just the type of event that can set us back so ... Put it in a box and forget it. You know that a cold can affect bg levels and that lb will be mucus build up in your nose ;-). (Not that I think you have a big nose!). Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

6.4 but had quite a carby dinner last night so calling it a win.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me today. I'm beginning to be able to predict my morning scores, based on the previous evening meal. It only fails when I have back to back, to back carby evening meals. I try to give my body a bit of a rest if I have a couple of heavier days on the trot.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
7.6 again! Grrr! Colds!

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 again! Grrr! Colds!
I take back what I said ... your nose is enormous ... you definitely didn't offer your best side when the avatar photo was taken, ;-)

On a serious note ... I'm sorry you're suffering on the bg front. I wouldn't be without my meter but I can get obsessed and if I get a reading I don't like I try different fingers. Generally, I don't like anything above 5.7 any time of day. I know it's silly but I can't help myself. Touch wood ... I haven't had a cold in 3 years, apart from the odd sniffle.

Take care

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I take back what I said ... your nose is enormous ... you definitely didn't offer your best side when the avatar photo was taken, ;-)

On a serious note ... I'm sorry you're suffering on the bg front. I wouldn't be without my meter but I can get obsessed and if I get a reading I don't like I try different fingers. Generally, I don't like anything above 5.7 any time of day. I know it's silly but I can't help myself. Touch wood ... I haven't had a cold in 3 years, apart from the odd sniffle.

Take care
Sadly I have inherited the family nose and it is rather large. I haven't got a cold as such but keep coughing stuff up. Got checked out for chest infection a couple of weeks ago but doc said not. My bs is very sensitive and am usually between 6-6.8 fasting and by mid morning am in mid 5s for rest of day till evening. Back to 6 about bedtime. At minute, taking till 3pm before mid 5s. Hoping whatever it is goes soon!

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unknown.

For the first time since diagnosis at the end of January I have not taken my morning reading. In fact, I do not intend using my meter for a week. My levels are well controlled and I was not picking up much useful new information by obsessive testing. The difference between 4.7 and 5.1 was enough to put a cloud on the morning. So I packed up my meter and sent it to stay with my neighbour for a week. I am hoping that a break will let me regain a more healthy relationship with it.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm sure we can all get too hung up on this from time to time, and there is certainly a (positive) competitive element between ourselves and our meters and likely with those other members here who are in similar stages. So inspiration and incentive are good. The downside is beating ourselves up unnecessarily when things don't go the way we want. I've had a funny week where I've put on half a kilo and an inch back on my waist grrrrrr and my fasting levels have stuck in the low 6s (6.1 today). I think I know why, busy work and travel week with a bit of stress, not enough exercise and water, higher carbs than usual. Oh well, sometimes it's good to test what happens when you relax the regime just to reinforce what we should be doing. Now where's that kick up the backside attachment to the Dyson ...

Reactions: 2 people

JohnN73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Opinionated assholes, Bananas
My last week of fasting numbers: 6.1, 5.1, 11.3 (slept about 10.5 hours, last reading was 7.3 12 hours earlier), 7.1, 7.5, 6.7, 6.6

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. It was 4.9 at midnight. I forgot to take my metformin with my evening meal but not sure that would affect bg. I woke at 5:30 but only tested now so perhaps that's why.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Status
Not open for further replies.