Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to find that if I ate breakfast, that would be me off eating for England for rest of day. I suspect now it was the toast or bread bun as a good breakfast of bacon, mushrooms and an egg sees me through till about 3ish these days and even then I mostly only have a piece of cheese and a few berries or half a nectarine.
Whatever it is, keep it up. Xx

I often used to skip breakfast and I think that's another contributing factor to overeating in the evenings. I never miss breakfast now and it's usually my special pancake : eggs, yoghurt, ground almonds, linseed and either feta or mozzarella cheese. Sometimes I have some blueberries or olives too.
When I'm working I eat breakfast around 6 am so I'm just about ready for my lunch at noon.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done brunneria! My bg dropped after I got into really low carbing but still took a while to really impact. You'll be surprised how much you can have for 50g. I'd be in heaven with that much!

Xxx

Reactions: 2 people

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not trying to upset you in any way @Susiespearish, but if you are on the correct medication then I can't see how your present levels are down to anything else but your food consumption with maybe the odd liver dump thrown in. What and when did you eat/drink all yesterday? Maybe we can help you if you tell us.

That is a low reading for me Bluetit .Even after fasting for 36 hours prior to surgery my bg was still 18.2 that's why i agreed to go back on the Metformin.I literally ate 2 bowls of veg soup one around 11 and one for lunch around 3.30 and had a small bowl of cauliflower cheese for dinner at 7 with my usual drinks of tea throughout the day .The low carbing has brought it down since my levels were in the 20's for a good few previous weeks .They were down to 11.5 an hour after an hour this morning .The previous two days I had overdone the carbs I'll freely admit .

I will say I started on the steroid Dexamethazone yesterday so maybe it was that .Will be interesting to see what the Endocrinologist says ..

@Brunneria Well done !!! I never used to eat breakfast :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.5 this morning, but as mentioned yesterday 1st day on scales for 3 weeks, was hoping I hadn't put on too much weight but when on holiday it's easy to let thing slip especially the drinks, anyway 12st 9, so very happy with that another 1lb off from start weight of nearly 15st beginning of June.
Well on my way to initial target of 12st.
Thanks in no small part to the advice gleaned from this forum.
Thanks all.

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Help!

Yesterday evening meal (nothing eaten or drunk after, no exercise)
before 5.3
at plus 2 hours 6.8
at plus 2.5 hours 5.9
at plus 4.5 hours (bedtime) 4.9; 5.2; 5.9. (average 5.3)
This morning 6.3; 5.9; 6.2 (average 6.1)

Which of the bedtime and fasting readings would you record? Bearing in mind my overnight average is flat to within a couple of points either way.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Help!

before 5.3
at plus 2 hours 6.8
at plus 2.5 hours 5.9

Which of the bedtime and fasting readings would you record? Bearing in mind my overnight average is flat to within a couple of points either way.

I would go with the average reading. None of them are so far out that they couldn't just be meter variance...

Do you retest regularly (I'm too thrifty ;)), or was it just that the readings looked wrong?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would go with the average reading. None of them are so far out that they couldn't just be meter variance...

Do you retest regularly (I'm too thrifty ;)), or was it just that the readings looked wrong?

I only re-test if it looks wrong compared with my norm. The first test at bedtime was 4.9, which looked too low. The first test this morning was 6.3 which looked too high. When I re-test, unless the readings are the same, I generally do 3 to get a better picture. Money no object. I wish. :(

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
A vast improvement in a month !
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG

Actually looking at the dates it's really only two weeks :cool:

Reactions: 15 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 ( or 5.7)- went to bed really late on under 5 which is too low sometimes for me and then had rough night and dozed till after 10 so body all mixed up.

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Help!

before 5.3
at plus 2 hours 6.8
at plus 2.5 hours 5.9

I'd average them unless you get a really out there one in which case I'd just average the two closest ones.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My go-to 4.1 again this morning. I'm happy with that.

However, I'm sitting here in my office getting really quite frustrated. I have a couple of documents I need to revise before close of play tomorrow and thus far, today's efforts have not improved them one jot. In fact, quite the reverse. They're pretty standard business documents and it's not rocket science, but today's it's just not happening. I think a decent sulk, a firm chat with myself, then walk away for a few hours and come back to it is in order. I know I could defer until tomorrow, but I prefer to have at least one overnight before finalising a document.

The other thing that really is annoying me is the configuration of this new laptop. Having cleared out all the duplicates in my imported email files, they reappeared next time I synchronised. So, I'm almost back to square one on that, although only 1600 duplicates now. The first run created over 4000. But I know what I'm going to do next. Well, aside from a decent tantrum, that is. ;) Of course, once a solution is found, I'll kick myself and pledge never to replicate the error again. Which I won't. Until next time!!

It's sunny and warm here today, so some time outdoors is definitely called for. Have a great day playmates.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Back to more controlled meals and more sleep - and no work!

Nonetheless pleasantly surprised at 5.3 this morning, especially when still on suspect batch of strips. That must be the (lack of) stress talking.

Did I retest? Did I b***er!

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.