Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.8 this morning slightly raised might be due to having some bread yesterday

Reactions: 3 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 before dinner
5.1 after more than a half of nandos chicken and some salad
5.4 fasting
From next week I will cut the carbs more to get into 4's more often

Kimbo great results :)

All the best for your a1c
Mine is November and I have a big festival coming up its like Indian Christmas / new year and I really want to avoid any carbs more so as I am so so close to my a1c don't want to ruin the readings.

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 waking today had gone to 5.3 by the time I had breakfast an hour or so later, took my time this morning as not at work till midday today

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My word you are doing so well. I bet you can't wait till test results next week.
I certainly can't allie- haven't seen my dn in three months and it was the same since I had seen the nurse practitioner when I went about my back last week and he was very surprised! When I said how different I feel on low carb he actually commented "yes,they do make you sluggish" - after at diagnosis telling me a small portion with every meal was required !!

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning. I can't seem to get back below the 7's for some reason but I did have my flu jab on Tuesday when I had my diabetic review. Although I feel perfectly well, maybe the jab has had an effect somewhere.. I've also been very crabby all week which is unlike me. :mad:

Thank you everyone for your kind messages earlier, I thought I'd replied but can't see that I did. How rude! Many apologies. Now to try and catch up on what's been happening here. Good to see @kimbo1962 back and doing so wonderfully well.

Happy Friday one and all

alliebee

Its amazing isn't it....I'm lucky because my dr.has type 2 and low carbs. So he understands it all...you have done so well in such a short time. You should be so proud of yourself

Reactions: 2 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
8.6 this morning fasting not good.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning woke up late 09:15. Winning the Flu battle returning to work Saturday morning. I needed the rest.

Reactions: 10 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.6 Wednesday
6.1 yesterday
5.0 today :happy:
I seem to get these waves of rising then lower readings every week.
Bit weird, but then so am I :confused:

That's like me at the moment Dibbles - 5.3 one day, 6.2 the next. It's my hectic lifestyle haha. Horrible drive from Kent to Devon last night in the rain, 6.5 at bedtime but relieved at 5.8 this morning.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 going to bed
5.8 this morning :(

During October I have been experimenting with 3 hour readings after each of my 3 meals. I am only dropping a couple of mmol/ls between 2 hours and 3 hours. It doesn't seem to matter what I've eaten. My actual post meal 2 hour spikes are good (average about 1mmol/l) and am back down to low 5's and some 4's before next meal. Does anyone else notice this?

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking of you when I saw that flash libre blood sugar monitoring thingy.
Wonder if it would be worth investing in for a few weeks.

Something along those lines would certainly be interesting. For now though I am working on these 3 hour levels. I don't like running in the 6's for 3 hours or more after each meal!
Lovely to hear someone is thinking of me! ;)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DibbleS and @Bluetit1802 - I am watching developments on the Abbott gizmo for a while, then I may "invest" to track myself periodically.

I understand it's now on sale, at (if I recall) about £180 for the reader and 2 sensors - so set up for a month, although that apparently includes VAT which of course, we can probably recover.

I'm struggling with whether my healthy interest and love of data and knowledge is teetering over into obsession. I'll keep watching for a while and see what post-launch feedback is like.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.