Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
Fasting is 7.1 and I didn't wake up until 10.15 am.

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Update after lunch 4.5. Still fine. No rise and still testing. Getting sore fingers lol. Upside I've requested extra strips on script and getting them :)

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad its all sorting itself out, Allie. I don't know a thing about insulin, but how long lasting is the shot you gave yourself?

alliebee

Novorapid has an acting level of approx 3 hours with me...in some people it lasts longer. This was a bit of a gamble as I've not had any since beginning of the year...I used to take levemir as a basal and fast acting for meals. Then I lost some weight and didn't need it anymore but still had some in the fridge. It should have stopped working now but I'm.going to keep testing all day to keep an eye...Endo friend says keep a good record for 2 days and he will advise me... I just want to know why it happened. Delayed reaction to pnuemo jab maybe??

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Novorapid has an acting level of approx 3 hours with me...in some people it lasts longer. This was a bit of a gamble as I've not had any since beginning of the year...I used to take levemir as a basal and fast acting for meals. Then I lost some weight and didn't need it anymore but still had some in the fridge. It should have stopped working now but I'm.going to keep testing all day to keep an eye...Endo friend says keep a good record for 2 days and he will advise me... I just want to know why it happened. Delayed reaction to pnuemo jab maybe??
New evidence comes to light :eek: - could easily be that couldn't it. Whatever the reason am so glad that the numbers have gone down now. :joyful:

alliebee

Thankyou. You are all such lovely supportive and kind people ..feel very lucky to have you all as concerned friends...only hope I can return the favour one day...love this forum :)

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at bed last night, and 5.8 this morning. Actually a bit surprised I was that low for both numbers.

My youngest has been feeling very stressed and deflated over the last week or so, last night was a meeting with the teacher to sort things out. Long story short I took him out as a pick-me-up treat to his favourite burger joint. He was singing the whole drive "it's a boys night out.....etc" (made up song by a 7 year old) .

I had a double loaded cheese burger, ate the bun and had about 15 fresh cut fries. Wanted to experiment since my last a1c was so good. I am surprised at the numbers above. Not a license to be bad all the time, but looks like I can handle the occasional reasonably bad meal. Not ready to test the bowl full of pasta, but pleased with the results of a burger and a few fries. :)

S

Sable_Jan

5.4 at bed last night, and 5.8 this morning. Actually a bit surprised I was that low for both numbers.

My youngest has been feeling very stressed and deflated over the last week or so, last night was a meeting with the teacher to sort things out. Long story short I took him out as a pick-me-up treat to his favourite burger joint. He was singing the whole drive "it's a boys night out.....etc" (made up song by a 7 year old) .

I had a double loaded cheese burger, ate the bun and had about 15 fresh cut fries. Wanted to experiment since my last a1c was so good. I am surprised at the numbers above. Not a license to be bad all the time, but looks like I can handle the occasional reasonably bad meal. Not ready to test the bowl full of pasta, but pleased with the results of a burger and a few fries. :)
:joyful: good news eh? Maybe it was the fat in the burger and the cheese that helped - or your system is now in pretty good shape :angelic:

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:joyful: good news eh? Maybe it was the fat in the burger and the cheese that helped - or your system is now in pretty good shape :angelic:

Very good news. Makes menu choices a little more flexible in group lunches. Not that I plan on ordering sandwiches and fries all the time but acts assurance I can bend a bit for the odd meal. :) ( and sneak the occasional fry from someone's plate)

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.