Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Nuthead and @alliebee and everyone else with lowest ever results. Wish I could say the same.

Bedtime 5.6 (high for me)
Fasting take your pick from 6.7/6.0/6.3/6.1
I discounted the 6.7 as that would have been higher than ever before, including when I first started testing back in April. I averaged the others and accepted 6.2 which is still very high. Only excuse is I had a lie in.

Just tested 2 hours after breakfast, took 2 readings, both similar. Looked at the rise and it corresponds with other breakfast rises assuming I started at 6.2. The 6.7 fasting/pre breakfast would have made the rise much less than average, so I think I was right to go with 6.2. It just means I had a larger than normal liver dump over night, probably due to my extra hour in bed.

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, that's the one. So are they not very reliable?

Is this the Accu Chek Mobile? I have one of those as my spare. They do throw up errors if there is insufficient blood, and they need more blood than my Codefree. You'll have to squeeze a bit harder. Lol ;)

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this the Accu Chek Mobile? I have one of those as my spare. They do throw up errors if there is insufficient blood, and they need more blood than my Codefree. You'll have to squeeze a bit harder. Lol ;)
ShockedSmiley.png Can't do that!! Might follow through...............................Oh, I see, silly me. You meant squeeze out the blood a bit more. :oops::D
As for the type of checker, no it is an Accu chek Avviva.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tested 2 hours after breakfast, took 2 readings, both similar. Looked at the rise and it corresponds with other breakfast rises assuming I started at 6.2. The 6.7 fasting/pre breakfast would have made the rise much less than average, so I think I was right to go with 6.2. It just means I had a larger than normal liver dump over night, probably due to my extra hour in bed.
Oh Bluetit, what are we going to do with you!! An extra hour in bed! That extra hour could have been spent having a walk which would then have resulted in your reading being 5.5 and you would have been able to join us in the "best result so far" club.:D

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6. for me after fasting this morning. I'm really happy with that. Through the day I'm normally 5.5 after breakfast dinner and tea. So hopefully I've finely cracked it.
Thought I would never get those readings. Just shows you it can be done with changing your whole life around. LC and walking and the people on this forum that's taught me the right path.

Plus great news out of the 4 x 500 metformin a day I was taking has now been reduced by one to now three aday due to great weight loss and now under control.

Little steps is all it takes.

Foxie x

Reactions: 20 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6. for me after fasting this morning. I'm really happy with that. Through the day I'm normally 5.5 after breakfast dinner and tea. So hopefully I've finely cracked it.
Thought I would never get those readings. Just shows you it can be done with changing your whole life around. LC and walking and the people on this forum that's taught me the right path.

Plus great news out of the 4 x 500 metformin a day I was taking has now been reduced by one to now three aday due to great weight loss and now under control.

Foxie x
Well that just goes to show IT CAN BE DONE. Well done to you......................I'm close behind you:)

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Bluetit, what are we going to do with you!! An extra hour in bed! That extra hour could have been spent having a walk which would then have resulted in your reading being 5.5 and you would have been able to join us in the "best result so far" club.:D

This is very true, although my best so far is 5.0, and I could have gone for a swim in the river after the walk, ;) but either way it wouldn't last so I just do what I know I will do for the rest of my life - have a lie in on Sundays!

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Welcome to @timeforchange @Foxie & @adrian207 who has really got to grips wth the humour on here. And if I've missed anyone, my apologies and welcome to you too. Like minds wth a common goal and an @Nuthead sense of humour. We're just grown up and serious when we need to be :-D

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
S0314072 (April 2016) It is the same batch number as my last lot of 10 x tubs, but I only started to use this new lot yesterday.
It is concerning, because anyone of the tests could be right, even the highest one.
What batch numbers are yours?

I'm on about tub 3 of 10 of that batch, they seem OK here.

5.7 this morning. Last night we experimented with a bottle of champers from Waitrose (well you have to test before Christmas don't you?). Very nice it was too - Heidsieck Heritage Brut.

Reactions: 11 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 for me this morning. Was up and out first thing to miss the traffic... Managed to nearly finish the Christmas shopping woohooo just some stocking fillers needed then I am done. Also placed my Christmas order with M&S for my Christmas food... Finally I am getting ahead of the game:)

Reactions: 11 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.1 this morning, 2hrs 5.4 got in the loft for 3 hours rolling about on boards laying new insulation on extension. getting to corners builders couldn't reach. So a lot of exertion, tested before late lunch 4 hours later and its up at a WHOPPING 8.5. Haven't had that pre-lunch since I started testing. Mind you I haven't done that much exertion since i started testing. In fact haven't done that sort of daytime exertion for years. So assume system must have thought whats this office bound old burk doing labouring at this time of day. EMERGENCY LIVER DUMP?

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts

Foxie x
Great. Inspiring. Just goes to show what little steps can do. Loveit!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning, 2hrs 5.4 got in the loft for 3 hours rolling about on boards laying new insulation on extension. getting to corners builders couldn't reach. So a lot of exertion, tested before late lunch 4 hours later and its up at a WHOPPING 8.5. Haven't had that pre-lunch since I started testing. Mind you I haven't done that much exertion since i started testing. In fact haven't done that sort of daytime exertion for years. So assume system must have thought whats this office bound old burk doing labouring at this time of day. EMERGENCY LIVER DUMP?

It could be, or it could have been a rogue reading (did you re-test?) I always go up after exertion (housework type exertion) but not that much!

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.