Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't done that much exertion since i started testing. In fact haven't done that sort of daytime exertion for years.

Gosh, that leads to a little speculatious wondering as to what your nighttime exertions are... :woot:

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me this morning. All is well on Planet breathe.

Reactions: 12 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up late 11:00 this morning. An eye watering 6.4 this morning. A big thank you to my enlarged prostate "NOT"

Reactions: 11 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we are all doing fantastically well...just imagine all of our doctors faces when we all go back for our next blood tests! Before long they will be encouraging all diabetics to follow a low carb diet!! :)
!I can't understand why they don't already. Sure they want us not to drop into remission zone.

Reactions: 6 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
!I can't understand why they don't already. Sure they want us not to drop into remission zone.
I'll ask my diabetic expert nurse when I see her next month.

Reactions: 9 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Gosh, that leads to a little speculatious wondering as to what your nighttime exertions are... :woot:
I was hoping no one spotted that. I also know human nature as I would have spotted it too, I knew I should have reworded it. Certainly don't need insulation at night time!. LOL. WOW ! The entertainment you get on here and its all free

Reactions: 5 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
It could be, or it could have been a rogue reading (did you re-test?) I always go up after exertion (housework type exertion) but not that much!
Thanks and Well done for qualifying the housework type exertion. Otherwise @Brunneria would have started speculisationing. Didn't retest. Was down to 6.2 an hour later though.

Reactions: 7 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
:hilarious: report back if your still alive !:eek:
Usually when I mention a low carb diet I just get a horrified look on their face and they insist I need to eat carbs. Lots of carbs. I'll try to press on with some follow up questions next time, like "but that will kill me eventually!". Although, I guess that's not really a question.

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Usually when I mention a low carb diet I just get a horrified look on their face and they insist I need to eat carbs. Lots of carbs. I'll try to press on with some follow up questions next time, like "but that will kill me eventually!". Although, I guess that's not really a question.
Just ask WHY - should do the trick ;-)

Reactions: 2 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.3 mid morning, slept in late been in Frankfurt for the weekend, took the meter but didn't use it had a weekend off.

Very naughty I know, but sometimes has to be done.

Reactions: 10 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Life will kill me eventually.
But, bo*****s to it, I'm still going to give it a go.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Guess his saying we should have the courage to live our life's on our own terms.
Are you saying he is calling me a coward for not eating lots of carbs?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
'Lots of carbs. I'll try to press on with some follow up questions next time, like "but that will kill me eventually!".'

I intend to live life, to the best I can. Eventually something will kill me.
I could spend my life, simply trying to stay alive, but I'd miss out on doing ll the things I like doing, so, tbh, I see little point in doing that.
Carbs won't kill me, they may help me enjoy getting down that road though,
But eventually, after a long and happy life, life will decide it doesn't ant me any more.
And so long as I've made the best of that journey, I'll be satisfied with my allocated time.

edit - no, I'm not saying you're a coward. I'm saying I have a different diet, that works for me, and I am happy with the entire lifestyle I have, as you are with yours.
But life will catch up with me, eventually.
But even though I, personally, eat carbs, they won't kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.