Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 for me on waking and 8.4 after one hour ... so MORE pavement punishment. It'll be back down to 7ish in about 20 minutes

I seriously think this is just me and my mornings

Last nite it was 5s before, 1 hour and 2 hours after eating.
Do you eat or take medicines etc.. during that one hour. Do you eat ??

Reactions: 2 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No problem.

The Ionian is very beautiful. Been to Corfu and Zante and had a very nice time there in the past. Went a bit further north this year to the Adriatic coast in Croatia. Even went sailing for a day but that was on a hired boat with a captain. Must be great to sail yourself. Yet another of those things I must get round to learning how to do.

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hi Pavlos, you need to look up www.sailingholidays.co.uk. Not cheap, but because this company own all there own boats you don't need any experience. Southern Ionian is very clam and if you have never sailed before or used a boat then for £90.00 for a day you can have someone give you a crash course. When we went another couple they had someone for 1 day had never sailed before, but won the competition for the best sailors for the week Its line of site sailing you don't really need charts or navigation skills. There really easy to sail, I do it virtually single handed with the OH sunbathing. A different port everyday. Sailed in to the sailing Club at Corfu Fort this last time, really very nice.
Neil

Reactions: 3 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Pavlos, you need to look up www.sailingholidays.co.uk. Not cheap, but because this company own all there own boats you don't need any experience. Southern Ionian is very clam and if you have never sailed before or used a boat then for £90.00 for a day you can have someone give you a crash course. When we went another couple they had someone for 1 day had never sailed before, but won the competition for the best sailors for the week Its line of site sailing you don't really need charts or navigation skills. There really easy to sail, I do it virtually single handed with the OH sunbathing. A different port everyday. Sailed in to the sailing Club at Corfu Fort this last time, really very nice.
Neil
Sounds excellent! Thanks for the link!

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Do you eat or take medicines etc.. during that one hour. Do you eat ??

Nope nuthead. I take a blood pressure tablet on waking just after I test and then eat breakfast. After that and before the one hour mark, just drink water.

Crazy as i try to adopt the same routine day in / day out but the numbers don't always follow. Last nite the readings were superb !!

Mike :)

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
... and there you go ... back to 6.9 right now :) 20 driveway laps about 20 minutes ago. Go figure

Reactions: 8 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
... and there you go ... back to 6.9 right now :) 20 driveway laps about 20 minutes ago. Go figure
Mmmmmmmmm.......
smiley-think004.gif

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes

Exactly my thoughts ..... I could eat a straight salad with no dressing at all for breakfast (as opposed to bacon / eggs) and I'd bet the house on a similar rise.

I guess that's just the way my body works after I get up regardless of the good 4 / 5 or really low 6 readings which I've been getting since day 1.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Exactly my thoughts ..... I could eat a straight salad with no dressing at all for breakfast (as opposed to bacon / eggs) and I'd bet the house on a similar rise.

I guess that's just the way my body works after I get up regardless of the good 4 / 5 or really low 6 readings which I've been getting since day 1.

Whisky and soda !
smiley-happy035.gif sorry. Can't help it. Always works for me but not done it at breakfast.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Now that is a bridge WAYYYYY too far :)

I once knew someone who swapped milk for white wine with his cornflakes. Sadly, he's no longer with us

Reactions: 3 people
C

catherinecherub

Nope nuthead. I take a blood pressure tablet on waking just after I test and then eat breakfast. After that and before the one hour mark, just drink water.

Crazy as i try to adopt the same routine day in / day out but the numbers don't always follow. Last nite the readings were superb !!

Hi @Mike D

Some BP meds can raise blood sugars as can coffee so I wonder if they are not helping the numbers?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi @Mike D

Some BP meds can raise blood sugars as can coffee so I wonder if they are not helping the numbers?

Interesting Catherine :) Thank you. Something to take up with the doc on WED as I reckon I won't have to take my daily cholesterol tablet anymore (readings back three months ago showed they're perfect / optimal) and I think the same applies to the olmetec for the BP

Cheers and appreciate it Mike :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,0 mmol on waking up.

13g of carbs from half a small banana and a 5,5 km walk later, my level has gone up to 6 mmol before breakfast of eggs and bacon.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418020971.350074.jpg

Roses are not usually in bloom in December but it has been unusually mild so far!

Have a great week!

Pavlos

Reactions: 20 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. My sore throat of about a week ago has finally decided to turn into a proper cold.

Maxwell

Reactions: 13 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
sf.jpg

Attachments