Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
5.8 mmol/l, so an improvement on the 10.5 I registered the other morning which was due to miscounting carb intake
:banghead:

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if your body has been fighting off something that you didn't even consciously register?

I also wonder that. My levels have been lower than average all day today, including after tea which included 3 new spuds and some peas. Hopefully the last week has been a blip and I am now back to normal. We shall see in the morning.

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a diet with 15 carbs unit (1 unit = 10 grams of carbs). 4 for breakfast, 1 for snack, 4 for lunch, 1 for snack, 4 for dinner and 1 for the second dinner - but that one is optional. It's to avoid I get too low during the night, but for whatever reason, my sugar level doesn't drop during the night, it increases. So I usually skip it.

You might be better asking the question on another thread where there maybe more people able to make suggestions. Either Type 2 with insulin, or possibly even better, the type 1 forum. Not many of us here use insulin.
Unless @eddie1968 can help

S

Sable_Jan

Normally I have around 5.8, but these last two days I had 7.2 and 7.4 and I have no idea why. Yesterday I had 6.2 after dinner, then suddenly 6.7 at 2 a.m. (I always have 40 grams of carbs for dinner and I didn't have the second dinner) and over 7 in the morning. Then I took the insulin and after breakfast I had around 5.4. My doctor says I'm always panicking too much so I didn't call her, but it makes me nervous. >.>
Welcome to the forum/thread/group. As you learn more you will panic less. Read as much as you can on the website and join in the forums like this one. You will get a good insight into diabetes and how other people cope with it. We all have different lifestyles, medications and ideals of what blood sugar levels they feel best at. I don't use insulin so don't understand how it works but there are others who do may be able to set your mind at ease. To me the 7's dont sound anything to worry about.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not posted here for ages but average fasting level over last 3 months is 6.7, last 7 days is 6.7 and today's reading was 6.7 - all nice and identical mainly due to not having done many/enough fasting checks over this period! My meter never lies, but not given enough readings it can be somewhat misleading instead as I know I've had some high readings during this time! :p:D

I often think this thread would be great with a poll to see what our most common figures are.

Robbity

Reactions: 9 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I also wonder that. My levels have been lower than average all day today, including after tea which included 3 new spuds and some peas. Hopefully the last week has been a blip and I am now back to normal. We shall see in the morning.
Yeah. This is sometimes a predictor of maybe coming down with something. My BGs are always raised when I've succumbed to some nasty pathogen lol. If you start to feel unwell treat it as a "sick day" and your DSN may tell you to adjust your doses. Hope this helps.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah. This is sometimes a predictor of maybe coming down with something. My BGs are always raised when I've succumbed to some nasty pathogen lol. If you start to feel unwell treat it as a "sick day" and your DSN may tell you to adjust your doses. Hope this helps.

Thanks Eddie, but I'm not ill. I just had a week of higher than average readings. Still good readings, but trending upwards a tad. I seem to back to normal now. Hopefully. Oh ...... and I'm diet only, no doses of anything!

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my second 3 month visit to the doc yesterday (results Monday but he's confident I've dropped again) and found out he's MUCH more of an expert on this topic than I would have possibly imagined.

Turned out he got his training from a Type 1 Doc who's lived (and continues to lives with this) since birth 70 years back.

So time to open up with him with all these little niggling feelings I've had with my fluctuating BS readings. He could not have cared less .... told me to ignore ANY one hour reading (provided they weren't ridiculous and he was happy as long they were below 9 or 10) as they're useless but it was and is about the 2 hour and beyond drop; that said, he couldn't believe my sudden drops after minimal exercise.

Interesting stuff I can tell you. He supported the LCHF approach, took a LONG look at me and was supremely confident my HB1AC would record another major drop into the non diabetic range. We shall see :)
It is interesting, my doc told me before breakfast and dinner and 2 hour readings only, the hour reading was not as important as the 2 hour. So I don't do any other readings unless I reel weird. Crossing fingers for your results.

Anne

Reactions: 9 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Diana! Well, I have

I'm only just catching up on here alliebee after a busy day with gp appointment and a job interview a couple of hours later- soon got to go out again to a school presentation evening, co-incedentally my GP has unsettled, confused and befuddled me too!! I intended starting a new thread to get everyone's opinion.....and I will do shortly!! Just going to catch up on posts here- think they are out to get us this week!!
Let me kinow the name of the thread please

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It is interesting, my doc told me before breakfast and dinner and 2 hour readings only, the hour reading was not as important as the 2 hour. So I don't do any other readings unless I reel weird. Crossing fingers for your results.

Anne

Thanks so much Anne :)

It's all about control and routine but without going overboard with it :)

Mike

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning, not good for me. I am not well me thinks. Last Sunday I took a fall in the carpark of the fish market, did a wonderful rolling walrus impersonation and then face planted causing a bloody lip and wounded prides. Took 3 burley men to get me up (including my husband). Was a bit shakey on the feet after that. Ever since then my bs reading have pretty much stayed in the 6's, with one 2 hour at 8.5 (I did not retest, so could have been a misread). I have developed a coldsore in the nose, no room on my wounded lip for it and I think it is impacting my right eye.

My diet has not changed much, just had some bubbles a few times, but keeping my carbs low. I have now started holidays for a month - got to do a little work, but nothing too big I hope. I need to get my health back on track this month and I am sure when that happens the readings will go back down.

Reactions: 10 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
7.1 this morning, not good for me. I am not well me thinks. Last Sunday I took a fall in the carpark of the fish market, did a wonderful rolling walrus impersonation and then face planted causing a bloody lip and wounded prides. Took 3 burley men to get me up (including my husband). Was a bit shakey on the feet after that. Ever since then my bs reading have pretty much stayed in the 6's, with one 2 hour at 8.5 (I did not retest, so could have been a misread). I have developed a coldsore in the nose, no room on my wounded lip for it and I think it is impacting my right eye.

My diet has not changed much, just had some bubbles a few times, but keeping my carbs low. I have now started holidays for a month - got to do a little work, but nothing too big I hope. I need to get my health back on track this month and I am sure when that happens the readings will go back down.

Ouch ... take it easy won't you :) Mike

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

It does shake you up when something like that happens. Hope you've recovered x

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning, not good for me. I am not well me thinks. Last Sunday I took a fall...

Ouch!! Hope you are OK again soon, and also your pride is not too wounded. I had a fall years ago in our works canteen and had several elderly men come to rescue me. I was so embarrased and that hurt much more than my being shaken up and slightly bruised from my tumble... I cringed for ages at the memory of it!

Robbity

Reactions: 8 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
72 mg/dl or 4.0 mmoles/l early this morning. Its the very low carbs wot dunnit.

Reactions: 16 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
89mg/dl or 4,9 mmol/l after not the best of night's sleeps.

I woke up at 2:30 am and have not been able to go back to sleep.feeling too tired to go for my walk now.

Reactions: 12 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
72 mg/dl or 4.0 mmoles/l early this morning. Its the very low carbs wot dunnit.
I was not sure I should be liking this Pasha, as I would personally consider it a bit too low for me. From the tone of your post, I take it you do not feel any effects of a low, and assuming you are not on medication it is a safe reading, so I am going to give you your like after all.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.