Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Diana! Well, I have

I'm only just catching up on here alliebee after a busy day with gp appointment and a job interview a couple of hours later- soon got to go out again to a school presentation evening, co-incedentally my GP has unsettled, confused and befuddled me too!! I intended starting a new thread to get everyone's opinion.....and I will do shortly!! Just going to catch up on posts here- think they are out to get us this week!!

Oh @kimbo1962 Do share the gossip!

Reactions: 4 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got to ask - is the wine bottle one of those "personalised" ones or is it where you took your username from or did you just get your user name from the old song that will now be banging around in @allibee's head again?

Only asking as my eldest daughter's nickname was Blossom - surname Hill - she found a "personalised" wine quite easily :D
I already had my username and signature decided upon, certainly associated with the song, but also the name of my first car, but that's another story.....
The image came later when I found it and thought it looked suitable.

Maxwell
Starting the earworm again:playful:

Reactions: 2 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the madhouse/thread/forum @Moniker - not seen you around before. Nice to see so many of us are doggy people (and those that havent got dogs as avatars are a great bunch too :joyful:

Thanks Jan. the picture is of my first lab, now gone. Currently I am sharing my life with three black female labs, one my own, one a foster who will become a service dog and one who was slated to be a service dog until she failed her medical. She is now mine for keeps. I love them dearly, but oh the hair!

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning after a bed time of 4.8, which I was delighted with after a day of Ferring rough with the upset tummy bug!

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 this morning after a bed time of 4.8, which I was delighted with after a day of Ferring rough with the upset tummy bug!
Hope the tummy bug is clearing. All the dogs have had it too :( but hopefully pretty much over it now.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
8.4 today. Had two helpings of berries, oats and yoghurt last night, which may explain this

Reactions: 7 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Thanks Jan. the picture is of my first lab, now gone. Currently I am sharing my life with three black female labs, one my own, one a foster who will become a service dog and one who was slated to be a service dog until she failed her medical. She is now mine for keeps. I love them dearly, but oh the hair!

We have had dogs all,our lives, heinz's , cocker spaniels, Dalmatians (2) from the same litter that was interesting, St Bernard and other assorted, now have our Fergie, black lab gun dog, an absolute beauty.

Only beast that has ever been allowed upstairs on special occasions, must be getting soft in my old age.

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Getting back to normal :)

5.1 at bedtime
5.6 this morning.

I wonder if your body has been fighting off something that you didn't even consciously register?

Reactions: 7 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 then 6.1 after dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I often do a one hour reading but never worry about the spike. I only worry about any 2 hour spike. I found it interesting that initially I was much the same at 1 hour as 2 hours, a slight drop but nothing significant. As time progressed the drops from 1hr to 2hrs became much more significant, which I consider a good result.

Thanks BT :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I have a BP monitor that I use at home. Back in Feb I managed to record 170/96 at the surgery, when my home average this year is actually 107/65! They have white coat syndrome in my notes now and largely disregard any readings taken at the surgery. I e-mail through my latest readings to the doctor from time to time. I also took my own monitor in and got the same sort of reading in the surgery - I didn't think that I was scared or worried, but something whacks it right up when I am in there.

Maxwell

Thanks you for that ... quite amazing !!

Mike

Reactions: 2 people

Sigalit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Normally I have around 5.8, but these last two days I had 7.2 and 7.4 and I have no idea why. Yesterday I had 6.2 after dinner, then suddenly 6.7 at 2 a.m. (I always have 40 grams of carbs for dinner and I didn't have the second dinner) and over 7 in the morning. Then I took the insulin and after breakfast I had around 5.4. My doctor says I'm always panicking too much so I didn't call her, but it makes me nervous. >.>

Reactions: 8 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Normally I have around 5.8, but these last two days I had 7.2 and 7.4 and I have no idea why. Yesterday I had 6.2 after dinner, then suddenly 6.7 at 2 a.m. (I always have 40 grams of carbs for dinner and I didn't have the second dinner) and over 7 in the morning. Then I took the insulin and after breakfast I had around 5.4. My doctor says I'm always panicking too much so I didn't call her, but it makes me nervous. >.>
Second dinner? how many do you have a day?

Sigalit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Second dinner? how many do you have a day?

I have a diet with 15 carbs unit (1 unit = 10 grams of carbs). 4 for breakfast, 1 for snack, 4 for lunch, 1 for snack, 4 for dinner and 1 for the second dinner - but that one is optional. It's to avoid I get too low during the night, but for whatever reason, my sugar level doesn't drop during the night, it increases. So I usually skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.