Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

That's excellent @pavlosn! Well done, and keep up the good work :)

My bg this morning was 10.1:-( but I think I might have forgotten to take my insulin last night , and I have been feeling a bit off colour, so I'm not getting too worked up about it
Hope you feel better soon. Horrible when you can't remember if you've had meds or not.

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spot on 5 here today, went to bed on 4.8. I had a much more restful night, actually tried the herbal "kalms night" so maybe stay on those a few days, certainly feel much more rested. Another busy day, off to Boston to take my id in ahead of another interview tomorrow- and this is my "out of season" time??!!

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

a higher than average 5.7 at bedtime, probably the chippy fish, peas, 3 chips and half a slice of bread that did it.
5.5 this morning
Snap tho I had more chips no bread. At dog agility Xmas party so no testing. No chocolates pork pies or mince pies there though. Wasn't I good ;)

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Snap tho I had more chips no bread. Our chippy lightly batters on request too - wasn't so lightly done this time so sadly pushed those, drooling, lovely crispy bits to one side....and treated dogs wth them. At dog agility Xmas party so no testing. No chocolates pork pies or mince pies there though. Wasn't I good ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.5 after dinner @ 2 hours and 6.8 at one hour ... not bad but more pavement punishment for moi :)

100 laps Neil :) "Keep the wind at your back and may God forever hold you in the hollow of his hand" ... famous quote from an american actor.

Mike :)

Reactions: 16 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A steady 4.2 for me this morning. I’m generally happy with that, but I have woken with a headache this morning, which my own, personal, research suggests I may have gone rather low in the wee hours. Never mind; a cup of tea has quickly taken the edge off the headache and it’ll go during the morning. I may be just a little grumpy today, so I have issued an appropriate warning to all those on Planet Breathe. As Mr B has man flu, today could be an interesting day, interspersed with that sort of “special feedback” we all so love.

Oh well. Onward and upward.

I’m going to be doing some experimental cooking (if melting some chocolate, whipping cream, and combining the two can be termed cooking) today, so that’ll be fun, but necessary preparation/trial, pre-festivities.

Have a great day everyone.

Reactions: 15 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ally - When are you back at the docs? Your numbers are so much better, but it would be great for you to be consistently in single figures, including your fasting.

My fasting figures were the last to come down, and I understand that's common, but yours are very stubborn!

Reactions: 12 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
SOMETHING HAS CHANGED GUYS! NO MEDICATION DIET and EXERCISE ONLY

After my breakfast again of fried egg, baked beans, tinned tomatoes, slice of high low bread and half glass of bitter Gourd and my morning walk;

upload_2014-12-17_10-20-44.png

Reactions: 15 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Decided to try taking my walk after taking my breakfast this morning.

So after having some plain Greek yogurt with some frozen raspberries and blueberries and a sprinkling of seeds( my go to breakfast when I feel like something other than eggs), I took my usual 5,5 km 50 minute walk.

Two hours after breakfast my glucose was down to 85mg 4,7mmol from a starting point of 88mg 4,9mmol before breakfast.:)

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418811908.234646.jpg

Reactions: 17 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Decided to try taking my walk after taking my breakfast this morning.

So after having some plain Greek yogurt with some frozen raspberries and blueberries and a sprinkling of seeds( my go to breakfast when I feel like something other than eggs), I took my usual 5,5 km 50 minute walk.

Two hours after breakfast my glucose was down to 85mg 4,7mmol from a starting point of 88mg 4,9mmol before breakfast.:)

View attachment 9666
Hi Pavlosn...I must admit I have always done my walk after breakfast. Helps to deal with sugar and digestion for me. Love the vividness of the flowers!

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

2.5 hrs post 2 slices of toast 5.3 from pre of 4.9 :) well chuffed with that. Must go get bloods done after a couple more brews. Only had one today. Not a fasting test this time - they're doing HbA1c and random lipids this time along wth the usual BP meds check tests

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2.5 hrs post 2 slices of toast 5.3 from pre of 4.9 :) well chuffed with that. Must go get bloods done after a couple more brews. Only had one today. Not a fasting test this time - they're doing HbA1c and random lipids this time along wth the usual BP meds check tests

Lipids should be fasting, despite what your doctor may say. Triglycerides can be affected by food.

Reactions: 5 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, i,m due at the dr,s on 14th january after my blood test on the 30th december

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.