Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Good evening Mike. I watched some episodes of the mini-series From Earth to the Moon and was wondering if you had seen it and if so what did you make of it ?

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry not been on spent most of yesterday in bed with yet another chest infection. On antibiotics seeing consultant from chest clinic tomorrow and brilliant asthma nurse.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Are your BGs raised loulou ? Mines are usually raised during an infection. Take care and have a speedy recovery.

Reactions: 4 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.5 this morning even after my Chicken Byryani and apple crumble and custard last night...INCREDIBLE

Reactions: 13 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.2 usual range for me in the mornings,

Tree is up awaiting decorating by the girls, work beckons so all is normal this mornng.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Reactions: 14 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Good evening Mike. I watched some episodes of the mini-series From Earth to the Moon and was wondering if you had seen it and if so what did you make of it ?

Morning to you Eddie :) Hope this finds you well mate !!

Yep, I have the set and given Tom Hanks didn't spare the dollars on developing the series, it's very good .... not great mind you, but very good nonetheless. Some of those Apollo suits used in the min series cost over $200,000 each. I happen to know the guy who supplied them.

Historically, it's accurate but the reality is it's really directed to those that wanted a passing look at the US space program without being overly immersed in its history.

FAR better are the real DVDs put out by spacecraft films (check ebay) dedicated to each program. The work that guy did is restoring the REAL footage of the moonwalks (especially Apollo 15 thru to 17 when they drove the lunar rover) is just amazing. It can be long and tedious (as many as 5 DVDs per set) but you get to see it the way it was. They ain't cheap, but heck, they're good.

Also check out the DVD set "when we left earth" and "NASA - 50 years of space exploration" ... MUCH much cheaper but well worth the investment :) For the average person, they are a VERY good historical perspective

Mike :)

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning to you Eddie :) Hope this finds you well mate !!

Yep, I have the set and given Tom Hanks didn't spare the dollars on developing the series, it's very good .... not great mind you, but very good nonetheless. Some of those Apollo suits used in the min series cost over $200,000 each. I happen to know the guy who supplied them.

Historically, it's accurate but the reality is it's really directed to those that wanted a passing look at the US space program without being overly immersed in its history.

FAR better are the real DVDs put out by spacecraft films (check ebay) dedicated to each program. The work that guy did is restoring the REAL footage of the moonwalks (especially Apollo 15 thru to 17 when they drove the lunar rover) is just amazing. It can be long and tedious (as many as 5 DVDs per set) but you get to see it the way it was. They ain't cheap, but heck, they're good.

Also check out the DVD set "when we left earth" and "NASA - 50 years of space exploration" ... MUCH much cheaper but well worth the investment :) For the average person, they are a VERY good historical perspective

Mike :)
Cheers Mike, I felt the content was aimed at the average Joe and dumbed down. Still it is worth a view. I will check out the NASA dvds and spend some time watching them.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Cheers Mike, I felt the content was aimed at the average Joe and dumbed down. Still it is worth a view. I will check out the NASA dvds and spend some time watching them.

Then grab "when we left earth" It's really good :). Only a few quid

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 before dinner
5.6 after
5.7 fasting
I think I am returning to normal now hopefully
Had all my readings in 6 and had not been well, still not completely fine but better I'd say.
Hope you feel better soon loulou

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
88mg/dl or 4,88 mmol/l this morning

Weighed myself at 87,7 kg, this is a loss of 14,3 kg or 31,5 pounds over the last three months

View attachment 9651

That green healthy BMI band is getting ever closer:)

Pavlos

That's excellent @pavlosn! Well done, and keep up the good work :)

My bg this morning was 10.1:-( but I think I might have forgotten to take my insulin last night , and I have been feeling a bit off colour, so I'm not getting too worked up about it

Reactions: 5 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.7 again this am....felt a bit rough yesterday am hoping I feel a little better today.....Shopping to do for Christmas....oh oh Jollyfications:):p:singing::yuck:

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 here. My fasting still seems to be the one most reluctant to come down. I run in fives and fours all day then up it goes overnight. Humbug.

Reactions: 11 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 this morning
9.2 before breakfast.

Not sure what is causing the rise... went to bed on 6.2 - I did have a handful of nuts before bedtime but tried and tested so shouldn't have been a problem. I woke at around 4am and took my BS which were 7.1 - then 7.7 at 6:30am when I got up for work... I don't want to become obsessed by testing as the whole point of going down this road is to take control and have a better quality of life.. but its driving me nuts as my day time figures are excellent.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a higher than average 5.7 at bedtime, probably the chippy fish, peas, 3 chips and half a slice of bread that did it.
5.5 this morning

S

Sable_Jan

4.9 for me....STARVING so had 2 slices granary seeded sensations toasted.... Well, they aren't very big :-\...

Reactions: 15 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.8 after late protein-heavy dinner (burgers with a ratatouille-y concoction). Had to nip out to the shop for emergency cat food before breakfast, 20 minute walk, up to 6.2 before I ate anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.