Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazilady

Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Hi I am very new to this just diagnosed 3 weeks ago my levels are usually between 6mmols and 6.5mmols fasting they never go much above 7.5mmols but this week I have noticed they are going up 2 hours after breakfast reading 9.8mmols and todays shock 10.5mmols I have cereal for breakfast today was weetabix with a little brown sugar yesterday shreddies with a little sugar.I don't understand it .I don't understand low carbin and have been told to cut down on fats and sugar which i am doing really well i just have a little on my breakkie.I feel so cross with myself that my levels are going up I thought I was doing well keeping them low.

IOPan

Get ready for it..... 20.6
I know, see my doctor straight away! I've only just started on insulin and I really think I need to up the dose! Everyone on here seems to have readings of (certainly) less than 10, and generally less than 7.
I'm really not feeling too good at the moment. But I'm in good hands and they are monitoring me closely.

A

Anonymous

Ok, well welcome crazilady and IOPan..

crazilady - it is a bit of a puzzle why you've suddenly started to react badly, but then it's a puzzle why you were getting such acceptable readings if you're adding sugar to cereal. You need to have food that stops your levels rising and if you eat things that convert to sugar or you eat things that already are sugar, then your levels will rise and you'll do yourself harm. I realise it's daunting and if you've been advised to cut down on fats as well you may be getting conflicting advice. If you haven't already seen Daisy's introductory advice for newly diagnosed type 2's then have a look in the Greetings and Introductions section and you should find it there.
It is a big change, it is daunting and some of the advice here may go against what you've been told. But it is worth it - it's your health and the more you can learn the better you'll feel.

IOpan - 20.6 is high - I'm on basal/bolus insulin though I don't take the bolus anymore - this thread is, as you say, full of lots of low readings, but you can reach these numbers relatively quickly (I've been on the forum since end Jan and I now wake in the 4's). Let us know your current meds (or put them in your profile). Changes to diet take time to show an effect, so you can up your dosages a little at a time and then pull back as you get your diet under control. The trick is to make small changes and wait a couple of days to see the effect - and take lots of readings and write them down.

Defren

4.4 :shock: Lowest FBG yet I think.

ronnie794

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes

hi everybody i was just reading the posts about fbg mine was 7 this morning and never goes below 6 . i was at the nurse on tuesday for bloods
i take 75mg thyroxine 4omg simvastatin . been on both about 10yrs. my bg go up and down no matter what i eat. i asked the nurse for some advice because on monday i had a bg reading of 14 3hrs after food. she did;ent seem to think this was a big deal. i have not been diagnosed as diabetic or prediabetic.i am totally confused i thought she might have said to go back to the doctor all she did was give me a diet sheet for lowering cholesterol.and thats confusing me because a lot of things on it through reading different post on here would make bg rise. i have now decicide to try having low cal shakes for breakfast and lunch . and a low carb supper see how that goes.

Defren

ronnie794 said:
hi everybody i was just reading the posts about fbg mine was 7 this morning and never goes below 6 . i was at the nurse on tuesday for bloods
i take 75mg thyroxine 4omg simvastatin . been on both about 10yrs. my bg go up and down no matter what i eat. i asked the nurse for some advice because on monday i had a bg reading of 14 3hrs after food. she did;ent seem to think this was a big deal. i have not been diagnosed as diabetic or prediabetic.i am totally confused i thought she might have said to go back to the doctor all she did was give me a diet sheet for lowering cholesterol.and thats confusing me because a lot of things on it through reading different post on here would make bg rise. i have now decicide to try having low cal shakes for breakfast and lunch . and a low carb supper see how that goes.

I am mid way through the Newcastle diet, I have done four weeks just three shakes a day, as from Monday I have added a solid meal, and will do that for the remainder of the time. what I can say is, my BG's all feel dramatically, as you can see above, my FBG this morning was 4.4. I am not advocating the ND it is very much a personal choice, but the shakes, and now just one proper meal did make a huge difference.

Good luck.

cairn3

it runs between 6 .8 in the morning depending on what time I rise,

A

Anonymous

5.0 this morning :D I'm sure my endo would be happy with that one.

stevolution

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

5.8 for me. :D

andrewk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Folks who "know it all" (but don't)

5.2 this morning ....

Andrew

A

Anonymous

4.6 this morning :) Although I overheated myself yesterday arvo and my BGL shot up to 15 :shock: I'm obviously very sensitive to too hot or too cold.... too hot my BGLs go through the roof and too cold they go the other way. :cry:

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals

Last couple of days its been below 3.6 witch was quite worrying but something I need to live with according to surgeon following surgery.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

5.1 this morning :(

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

5.0 which is lovely after my birthday meal last night.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

5.7 this morning after a nice meal out last night.

simply_h

Hello all,

Hope you are all well.

My BS this morning was 4.9mmol.

Which I am really happy with.

Cheers,

Simply_h.

Status
Not open for further replies.