Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 this chilly morning despite not waking until 10am (and a 2 shortbread snack when dog got me up for wee) - did wake at 7 but wasn't getting up that early....

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Which batch of strips is this on? I have a lot of packs coming today or tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers they're consistent..

Wasn't it a lot simpler when we didn't "know" what the score was going to be?
and I've 4 more pots to go.....

Just taken a breakfast plus 2 hours reading, which together with the 1 hour reading confirms beyond doubt in my mind that the 3 x 6.5 fasting readings were a meter blip by as much as 1mmol/l.

Reactions: 9 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Thanks, whatever would I do without you lot!

It's recorded and forgotten. Breakfast plus an hour was a much lower than usual rise, so I'm smiling again and thinking it may have been a meter blip, despite 3 identical readings on different fingers. :)
That's more like the Blue we all love xx

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late on parade again today! Busy morning!
5.7 after going to he'd on 5.5 so in range
Was expecting more as a very wakeful night yet again. Only just got to 2 degrees here now after a -4 start and very icy! I really dislike these days with a passion. These next few days are horrible on a personal level too, tomorrow is the anniversary of the day I lost my treasured dad very suddenly at just 67, 11 years ago. Still not used to not having him here.

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.3 a bit high had a rough night coughing and wheezing. Will try to get a nap later, got phsyio and xray later to check on fluid cause drain has slowed down hope it not blocked.:-(
Hopefully it's cos there isn't so much gunk left in there.....

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was expecting more as a very wakeful night yet again. Only just got to 2 degrees here now after a -4 start and very icy! I really dislike these days with a passion. These next few days are horrible on a personal level too, tomorrow is the anniversary of the day I lost my treasured dad very suddenly at just 67, 11 years ago. Still not used to not having him here.

Thinking of you. And take care on the ice. It was so cold last night that I could feel my face burning with it even in bed under the duvet with a hot water bottle. X

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Kimbo xx

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Nice to see some else uses GL, I personally find it great as you get a wider choice of food. Just because it's not Low carb doesn't mean to say you have to not have.
I think it may have been you recommended it to me... I like the way the book gives figures for a portion and also size of that portion too.... "per 100gms" as some books show can be quite misleading.... Eg jam and honey are shown per teaspoon....and in those quantities are low....

Reactions: 6 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
6.7 fasting 6.5 before lunch.I have had to stop Metformin for the time being due to having had acute pancreatitis two weeks ago.
From what I have read on the forum 1x500 mg would not have had much effect on BS,but its gone up this last few days.
I would have thought if the pancreatitis was to blame it would have happened two weeks ago.
I realy dread going back on Metformin as I realy had problems for a few months.

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Thinking of you Kimbo. I lost my dad suddenly and unexpectedly, aged 72. That was 27 years ago and I still shed tears over him.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Just taken a breakfast plus 2 hours reading, which together with the 1 hour reading confirms beyond doubt in my mind that the 3 x 6.5 fasting readings were a meter blip by as much as 1mmol/l.

If only you had done the fourth one, mwahahaha :woot:. That's statistics for you - unlikely, but the amount we collectively test it's bound to happen some day!

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the batch @cold ethyl isn't happy with. Ending in 26
6.7 fasting 6.5 before lunch.I have had to stop Metformin for the time being due to having had acute pancreatitis two weeks ago.
From what I have read on the forum 1x500 mg would not have had much effect on BS,but its gone up this last few days.
I would have thought if the pancreatitis was to blame it would have happened two weeks ago.
I realy dread going back on Metformin as I realy had problems for a few months.

- It's cold.
- You have jetlag.
- You're recovering from a nasty bout of sickness.....

How many potential reasons do you want? ;) I might be inclined to pick the dreaded jetlag.

Give it time to settle down and I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks for this. My reading is about 1.2 higher than the roll out of bed one after I get going and prepare (but not eat) breakfast. I have mobility problems so expend a lot of energy just getting around hence, I suppose, the larger difference, the smaller reading is typically 6.0
Welcome to the thread. It's amazing (and great) what we learn from the experiences of others "text book" stuff is fine for starters but once you're "out there in the field...." Is when the tried and tested comes into play

S

Sable_Jan

So sad for you. My kids feel the same on the day of their Dad's passing 5 yrs ago. Remember him with a smile for all the good times rather than the sadness of his passing, I'm sure he would like that x

Status
Not open for further replies.