Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't mind them being 6 monthly but just feel that while I was there they should have taken BP and weight as they are also areas that they keep banging on about .

I have a little electronic BP machine which I use to take my BP every morning when I do my fasting test. I would recommend it. I record the reading with my fasting level.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't you just make an appointment? When asked what it's for, say it's a confidential issue. Or when the Doc calls you suggest you would benefit from a face-to-face meeting as you feel you need WB, weight and meds adjusting. Whilst they can believe the weight you tell them, most people would be unable to tell them their own BP.

I must admit I bought a BP monitor when diagnosed, as that's what actually opened this Pandora's Box. Raised BP was found when it was taken after and extremely unpleasant examination (No s*&% Sherlock, my BP was raised.......) Then white coat syndrome kicked in, then blood test to check kidneys,........................ Bingo!! Diabetes!!

Going to have to try something along those lines but I've tried before and it's a phonecall consultation.They don't let you make appointments anymore- you request a call on that day and they decide if they will see you ever! I'm going to ask to speak to one of the lady GPs as apparently its easier to see couple of them. I do know my BP as I monitor it t home as I have white coat syndrome too.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a little electronic BP machine which I use to take my BP every morning when I do my fasting test. I would recommend it. I record the reading with my fasting level.
Yes i have one- I test every day.

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks Susikav I am very fortunate to have found this forum and been able to benefit from and apply the advice and support.
I hear you B... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
No matter what I do I can't seem to get a consistent run under 6 - there is no difference between being on the Metformin or off it or dose - still average over 6 for fasting even though most of day I'm at 4.7.
It is so frustrating when you are good all day then spike in the mornings... there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had a 4.4 after my bike ride today... :) Very happy... had chicken on my almond bread... Kiri cheeses as a snack and made pork stir-fry this evening... I'm having my hot chocolate and going to bed to read - busy day tomorrow... Good night everyone.. :happy:

Reactions: 19 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
9.1 again. Seems to be standard. Although after all my high readings yesterday and Tuesday, I went to bed with a respectable 5.6 last night :)

Reactions: 22 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry just checked it and it is 4072
Just got 4144 now in post

I wondered if that was the case. I have 4144 next too. I'm surprised anyone else got any of these, I bought so many! They even emailed me to see if I really meant the quantity on the order. :)

Let's hope they're a stable batch.

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wondered if that was the case. I have 4144 next too. I'm surprised anyone else got any of these, I bought so many! They even emailed me to see if I really meant the quantity on the order. :)

Let's hope they're a stable batch.

II just had another 10 tubs delivered and they are also 4144

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.2 for me. Slept like a log :)

Morning / evening all :)

Reactions: 19 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have FBC liver kidneys certain done at least every 3mths hbc1a every 6 mths and some other blood tests when needed. They have to do different ones cause of my med and medical history.
Yippee chest drain is gone and so far only 1 attack today:):).

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

I have FBC liver kidneys certain done at least every 3mths hbc1a every 6 mths and some other blood tests when needed. They have to do different ones cause of my med and medical history.
Great news Loulou :):)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

That is good news. Soon be home!

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.