Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, it was 10.4 this morning so that's an improvement. Food wise, I do get a bit stuck, but generally breakfast is either bacon, eggs & mushrooms or crustless quiche made with cream, bacon & mushrooms. Lunches are varied but low carb. Dinners tends to be meat eggs and mushrooms or stir fry. Mushroom feature heavily as you can see :)

Mushrooms also feature heavily with me. It maybe wishful thinking, but when I have loads and loads with a meal my levels at 2 hours seem much better than when I only have a few. I also have them every day.

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A rotten 6.8 accompanied by a running nose and aching limbs so hoping it's that. Going to have to dig the threads out on DP as I was 5.6 at bedtime.

Must be a blip due to your cold and maybe something to do with your concern about your reviews not being as they should be.

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
80 mg/dl or 4.44 mmoles/l

Average for the last 10 days is 83 mg/dl with a standard deviation of +- 3 mg/dl . These results reflect the

influence of increased fibre intake.

I'm interested in your extra fibre trial. What sort of foods are you eating for this extra fibre?

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Must be a blip due to your cold and maybe something to do with your concern about your reviews not being as they should be.

Thanks. Yes I feel a bit stressed. My morning readings haven't really come down much since diagnosis ( or not consistently so) whiter on meds or not so maybe I just have to accept I'm one of those folk with impaired fasting readings and ok rest of time. I'll ask be glad to see back of this batch of strips. Please tell me your new ones are better!!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Yes I feel a bit stressed. My morning readings haven't really come down much since diagnosis ( or not consistently so) whiter on meds or not so maybe I just have to accept I'm one of those folk with impaired fasting readings and ok rest of time. I'll ask be glad to see back of this batch of strips. Please tell me your new ones are better!!!!

I still have some of the 26 batch to finish, but will let you know when I start them.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning everyone. 4.8 this morning after a post-dinner reading of 4.3.

Reactions: 18 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.2 this morning, 5.4 after carrots & turnip, mash, liver & onions gravy last nite. Biggest spike of day was my small ripe banana snack. Pre 5.3, post 1hr 6.7, post 2hrs 6.1. Got one left so mayb smother it in squirty cream today. Was an impulse buy ..... Funny, those used to be choc or biscuits ;)

Reactions: 20 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, 5.4 after carrots & turnip, mash, liver & onions gravy last nite. Biggest spike of day was my small ripe banana snack. Pre 5.3, post 1hr 6.7, post 2hrs 6.1. Got one left so mayb smother it in squirty cream today. Was an impulse buy ..... Funny, those used to be choc or biscuits ;)

Blimey, that was a good result last night after all those carbs. Jealous here. :)

Reactions: 14 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning. I'm loosing the fight with my warm, cosy, comfortable bed on these cold mornings.

Reactions: 20 people
S

Sable_Jan

Blimey, that was a good result last night after all those carbs. Jealous here. :)
Must admit I expected higher..... Was restrained on my portion of mash tho I know the root veggies are a bit carby too. Need to check them in my GI/GL book. Banana shows I need to keep watching diet tho

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.0 this morning
So back to my usual controlled/normal for the first time since coming off the anti bio's two days ago
5.5 15 mins after taking a couple puffs on the asthma/steroid inhaler
So I've learnt a few things
That it's not the infection itself that raises my BG levels
It's the antibio's
Probably, I suspect, by killing off intestinal bacteria good and bad
Also, the asthma steroids in the inhaler raise BG levels
Plus I also think my BG levels went higher due to getting less daylight/vit D
Good to hear your levels are dropping again, and you've been able to ditch the antibots. Shame the inhaler puts you bs up but as long as it does the job....:) interesting about the Sunshine vit D, or rather lack of it....mind you the sun always lifts my mood so mayb that's what keeps your bs down. Having said that tho YOU always sound so cheerful :):):)

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks @Sable_Jan x :happy:
I'm with @Bluetit1802 on the envy thing with your meal last night too ... nom nom
Sounds delish! ;)
Oh, it waaaas...... Hummus, cheese and mayb more cheese [EDIT - meant to say for lunch as post brekky was 6.2.] Breakfast toast was bit thicker than I should have. Watching helicopter heroes downunder and they've just had a baby on whose bs kept dropping cos it produced too much insulin. Sorted by the all British paramedic crew :):)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.