Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Back to my 5.4 today - quite happy with that
Post breakfast was 6.8 which I sort of expected as the toast was a little thicker than usual (straightening up the loaf after my daughter had cut herself some bread for lunch yesterday - sorry, just have to do that :rolleyes:)
going to be highish after lunch too 5.2 pre so hopefully the 52g carbs won't take me too high (using freezer items up again.....)
I know what you mean about straightening the loaf up... you have to, it's true... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Lol! My mother's catholic and learned to sing in Latin at school. Not many people have heard of Anne Shelton, though she was a 'forces sweetheart'. When I was a child I remember hearing singing one day and thought it was my mum, but it was actually Anne Shelton on the radio! Deanna Durban was a lovely singer. Pity we can't get both our mum's together to do a turn :grin:
My mother would love that... :) She's from Bradford, married a southerner, a very handsome one I might add, from Winchester... met and married within a week and were still deeply in love the day he died, aged 83... such a love story.... :)

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight, Testing Fasting Blood
Day 1..Day 2..Day 3..Day 4..Day 5..Day 6..Day 7..Day 8

Today ......Average 5.38 fast on test. Looking at these averages does not seem to be making any difference, is very disappointing, the original Averages was based on 77 readings, I won't be doing that many but I will continue for a while longer. Need some low one's soon

Normal Average Fasting 5.353 mmol/L since 28 Oct 2014 (not including above readings)

Metformin at midnight, with two 'Baby Bel' cheese's and black coffee, as it says take with food, went to bed 12.45am. Up at 7.30am.

Neil

Reactions: 16 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently reduced by carbs by 10g on average but haven't got the balance of fats and protein quite right as I've lost an unwelcome 4lbs since 1st January. BMI now 20.6 and looking a bit thin round the collar bone. I need about another 100 calories so more cheese and mushrooms methinks. ;)

Bedtime 5.9
This morning 6.1

I have started using the MyfitnessPal that you had mentioned a few days ago. Only used it for a few days but it does make me keep an eye on the calories as well as the carbs. For example, I had no idea that 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast is 422 calories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Back to my 5.4 today - quite happy with that
Post breakfast was 6.8 which I sort of expected as the toast was a little thicker than usual (straightening up the loaf after my daughter had cut herself some bread for lunch yesterday - sorry, just have to do that :rolleyes:)
going to be highish after lunch too 5.2 pre so hopefully the 52g carbs won't take me too high (using freezer items up again.....)
7.8 post lunch. Ok as just on ceiling but still a 2.2 over pre.....

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have started using the MyfitnessPal that you hand mentioned a few days ago. Only used it for a few days but it does make me keep an eye on the calories as well as the carbs. For example, I had no idea that 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast is 422 calories.

Do be very careful using the data supplied on MFP as far as nutrients are concerned. They are all member submitted and rarely accurate, especially as most of the entries are from across the sea with different ways of labelling things and different methods of food production. I find it best (and easy enough) to add my own foods using data from the food labels, the internet, or Carbs & Cals. The Tesco website is excellent for this as they detail the nutrients of the items they sell.

Carbs & Cals has a 60g hard boiled egg as 88 calories, 8 protein, 6 fat, no carbs or fibre. I trust this book over and above MFP entries.

Reactions: 14 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do be very careful using the data supplied on MFP as far as nutrients are concerned. They are all member submitted and rarely accurate, especially as most of the entries are from across the sea with different ways of labelling things and different methods of food production. I find it best (and easy enough) to add my own foods using data from the food labels, the internet, or Carbs & Cals. The Tesco website is excellent for this as they detail the nutrients of the items they sell.

Carbs & Cals has a 60g hard boiled egg as 88 calories, 8 protein, 6 fat, no carbs or fibre. I trust this book over and above MFP entries.

Thanks for that. I did think some of the figures were odd but then I thought if I am scanning the bar code then should be correct. Thankfully Carbs and Cals has landed through the letterbox today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

alliebee

Hi alliebee, pain makes us do silly things. Will keep my fingers crossed you start to feel better soon. We miss you on here
Thankyou. Still in a lot of pain. On morphine and not on much. Better days ahead I hope. In bed mostly just now. Love to you all xxx

alliebee

So sorry to hear this- I know exactly how you feel - some days it all gets too much doesn't it, whether that's pain, anxiety, depression or even just managing diabetes. I think we all have those sod it moments but sometimes even they don't help. I got my HbA1c result yesterday which was in non diabetic range and while the GP was really pleased, she had to say that it's not clear if it's reversed or just well controlled and that brought home to me the enormity of the task in hand- I'm 49 soon and hopefully have years ahead of me, but some days the thought of never having the dietary spontaneity I once had( you know let's have a chinese tonight or an ice cream on holiday) does seem overwhelming. I think any long term condition has that effect have you had any CBT as I know they offer it for intractable pain and it will have less effect on your BS than Maltesers- if you ever need a chat, just PM me. xx
Thanks sweetheart. Means a lot. I'll be back on soon. The morphine justs wacks me out of it xx

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

Yes tried Cbt but didn't help me much. Under pain clinic just now. Got diamorphine lollipops and nasal spray. Morphine and oramorph for breakthrough pain. Its easier. + and I'm coping better. Bloody ms

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes tried Cbt but didn't help me much. Under pain clinic just now. Got diamorphine lollipops and nasal spray. Morphine and oramorph for breakthrough pain. Its easier. + and I'm coping better. Bloody ms

Glad to hear that you are coping a bit better. Hopefully this flare will abate soon xxx

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

I have started using the MyfitnessPal that you had mentioned a few days ago. Only used it for a few days but it does make me keep an eye on the calories as well as the carbs. For example, I had no idea that 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast is 422 calories.
My Fitness pal appears to be telling you lies. Is that mayb kilojoules and not kilocalories?

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou. Still in a lot of pain. On morphine and not on much. Better days ahead I hope. In bed mostly just now. Love to you all xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this Allie. We are all missing you. My very best wishes to you, and gentle hugs x

Reactions: 8 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Fitness pal appears to be telling you lies. Is that mayb kilojoules and not kilocalories?

Definitely calories
image1.JPG
image1.JPG

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.