Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
6.8 starting to slowly come back down. Will admit to just getting up after having a lie in. :)
You lie-in as much as you like - you've been through the wringer recently... it can only do you good... :)

Reactions: 10 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ok its going to be one of THOSE days!!!!

5.3 this morning... took me far to long to clear the car... could feel nasty liver filling my bloods with sugar!! ahhhhhhhhhh ate my breakfast on the way to work as usual, although 45 mins after waking and not the usual 30mins.. knew it would be high at 1 hr I was 10.8 and at 2 down to 8.6.

Discovered when I got to work, I'd forgotten my tablets and my purse!! I am too far from home to go back and get them and I swapped bags yesterday ... so hopefully a day without taking my meds wont kill me

Reactions: 15 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Anne Shelton was my father's favourite singer - next to mum of course - he loved her... lovely deep voice... 'lay down your arms, and surrender to me'... :) I remember hearing her singing, along with Deanna Durbin, all my young life... my mum sounds a lot like Deanna Durbin.... she was a red-head my mum... now it's a mop of silver... :) My sister can sing that in Latin too.. must be something they used to do... she's a bit older than me... 'Adept fiddles...' is all I know really!!

Lol! My mother's catholic and learned to sing in Latin at school. Not many people have heard of Anne Shelton, though she was a 'forces sweetheart'. When I was a child I remember hearing singing one day and thought it was my mum, but it was actually Anne Shelton on the radio! Deanna Durban was a lovely singer. Pity we can't get both our mum's together to do a turn :grin:

Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

5.3 this morning... took me far to long to clear the car... could feel nasty liver filling my bloods with sugar!! ahhhhhhhhhh ate my breakfast on the way to work as usual, although 45 mins after waking and not the usual 30mins.. knew it would be high at 1 hr I was 10.8 and at 2 down to 8.6.

Discovered when I got to work, I'd forgotten my tablets and my purse!! I am too far from home to go back and get them and I swapped bags yesterday ... so hopefully a day without taking my meds wont kill me

It's always a bit panic inducing when you leave your meds behind, isn't it? You'll be fine though

Reactions: 11 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow! 6.8 this morning :) that's because I didn't have any cream last night. Feeling a bit fat-full today, so I'm going to try to have a few lighter meals

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anne Shelton was my father's favourite singer - next to mum of course - he loved her... lovely deep voice... 'lay down your arms, and surrender to me'... :) I remember hearing her singing, along with Deanna Durbin, all my young life... my mum sounds a lot like Deanna Durbin.... she was a red-head my mum... now it's a mop of silver... :) My sister can sing that in Latin too.. must be something they used to do... she's a bit older than me... 'Adept fiddles...' is all I know really!!

Anne Shelton was also my dad's favourite, and especially "Lay down your arms". He sang it all the time.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 Bedtime
6.8 Fasting.

Yay! Back in the 6's after ditching a different brand of Metformin. Another learning curve

Some extra and unexpected stress yesterday after filling the car with unleaded fuel instead of diesel and having a 4 hour wait on the garage forecourt for the mechanic to come along and drain the tank, costing almost £300 in wasted fuel, the mechanic and a second full tank of the right fuel... :arghh: Just what I needed at the start of an already expensive weekend. Doh!

Hitting the road early today to head for London and a 2 day amnesty from LCHF. As mother of the groom, I'm hosting a rehearsal champagne afternoon tea this afternoon before a full day of wedding celebrations tomorrow, and 2 days and nights of hotel food

All things considered I'm happy with that 6.8 this morning...:)

Have a good weekend everyone. Batten down the hatches and stay safe and warm.

Over and Out

Have a wonderful weekend this weekend, Totty. These are once in a lifetime (we hope!) weekends, so not to be curbed by a number you know you are absolutely capable of achieving day- in-day-out. Anyway, didn't I read somewhere that anything consumed with champagne had neither calories nor carbs? ;)

Mother of the bride? I bet you have a wonderful hat. :)

Reactions: 14 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.3 Bedtime
6.8 Fasting.

Yay! Back in the 6's after ditching a different brand of Metformin. Another learning curve

Some extra and unexpected stress yesterday after filling the car with unleaded fuel instead of diesel and having a 4 hour wait on the garage forecourt for the mechanic to come along and drain the tank, costing almost £300 in wasted fuel, the mechanic and a second full tank of the right fuel... :arghh: Just what I needed at the start of an already expensive weekend. Doh!

Hitting the road early today to head for London and a 2 day amnesty from LCHF. As mother of the groom, I'm hosting a rehearsal champagne afternoon tea this afternoon before a full day of wedding celebrations tomorrow, and 2 days and nights of hotel food

All things considered I'm happy with that 6.8 this morning...:)

Have a good weekend everyone. Batten down the hatches and stay safe and warm.

Over and Out
Crossing fingers for a lovely day for the wedding and hope that any "glitches" all happened at once with the fuel mistake. Didn't realise the unleaded nozzles would fit into a diesel filler pipe (with the nozzle on the diesel hose being smaller than the unleaded I assumed the filler pipes were narrower too...)

Good fasting - you would think that all "metformin" would be standard wouldn't you....

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.0 today and still not feeling too good
Hope you are feeling better soon. The miserable weather doesn't help, does it :(. Luckily, after a grey start we now have sunshine which melted most of the fallen hail from last night.
Take care of yourself
Jan

Last edited:
S

Sable_Jan

6.1 . Soooo cold here and i appear to have woken up with an angry tiny creature in my right ear poking my eardrum with a hot pointy stick.
Got to love winter and all its bugs.
Oooh, sounds painful, best keep it warm if you go out. Hope the tiny creature soon goes off to find a new home.....

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooh, sounds painful, best keep it warm if you go out. Hope the tiny creature soon goes off to find a new home.....

Better now I've been up and about. I think wintry bugs should be banned. They would be if I ruled the world.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, the rollercoaster continues.

Last night, I had a couple of wide swingers after an extremely benign dinner, followed this morning by a 4.3, which is within my BAU personal range. Of course, by now, whilst I’m happy to see the 4.3 (which I think may be my lowest fasting for about a week), I’m also unsure I should be accepting that either! My glands are still up, but no worse. Such is my position right now with so many variables in play. Although, I say again, I just have to give it time and see what pans out over the coming days.

As I’m running a few hours behind you guys these days, I apologise if I don’t seem responsive to any comments I might normal respond to, but we’re also having a few connectivity issues, despite spending quite a bit of cash to upgrade our hardware. But, I’ll spare you that painful detail, as we await a critical part, value £2.54, coming from UK. It is being provided free of charge to rectify an issue created by the supplier (even though I had voiced misgivings whilst still in the UK), and will cost £110 to ship. Yes. One of those low value, high impact. high cost issues. But, it shoes again, I should never ignore my gut feel when it comes to those things.

Anyway, time to get a wiggle on here. I have quite a bit to get done here before it gets too hot (27c, so only feels hot for the first week or so) here, and before the supermarket looks like it has had a visitation from a plague of locusts.

Play nicely boys and girls. It’s very nearly the weekend!!

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

Back to my 5.4 today - quite happy with that
Post breakfast was 6.8 which I sort of expected as the toast was a little thicker than usual (straightening up the loaf after my daughter had cut herself some bread for lunch yesterday - sorry, just have to do that :rolleyes:)
going to be highish after lunch too 5.2 pre so hopefully the 52g carbs won't take me too high (using freezer items up again.....)

Reactions: 15 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Blimey... one of those days indeed... they sneak up on you rather, don't they? :oops:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Back to my 5.4 today - quite happy with that
Post breakfast was 6.8 which I sort of expected as the toast was a little thicker than usual (straightening up the loaf after my daughter had cut herself some bread for lunch yesterday - sorry, just have to do that :rolleyes:)
going to be highish after lunch too 5.2 pre so hopefully the 52g carbs won't take me too high (using freezer items up again.....)
Exactly what I'm doing right now... I had salmon in the freezer and puff pastry, so I made en croute for himself and just in the pan in avocado oil for me... cauliflower and broccoli cheese and potatoes for himself with some left over to fry for him for breakfast with beans on toast... :) :smug: Blueberries and cheesecake for pud... sigh... nice to be home... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.